𝐞 𝐩 𝐢 𝐥 𝐨 𝐠 𝐮 𝐞

- 7 years later -

"Hi." The ethereal, good-looking boy who was now more man, whispered.

"Hey." The girl who was now his woman, his queen whispered. His arm swung around her, pulling her closer to him on the king-sized bed. The bump was the only barrier between his naked torso and her loose blue maternity nightgown.

The man's hand landed on the woman's bump, caressing her stomach, "How's our little princess doing today?"

She nuzzled closer to her husband, trying to eliminate all space between them, as her words come out muffled, "Not too good. She's been kicking almost all night."

He presses a gentle kiss to her forehead, then makes his way down to his wife's stomach, mumbling to his soon-to-be-out daughter, "Isabella, princess, don't hurt Mama, you can come out and kick Papa as much as you want."

The woman's hand find its way to his dark chocolate hair, playing with the messy, tousled hair she has always loved. Before he could ask his wife what she wanted for breakfast, a young 3 year old toddler opened his parents' door, rubbing the sleep away from his eyes. A trail of saliva drooled from the boy's puffed up lips, as he adorably made his way, climbing up his parents' bed.

The man made space for his son, Adrion, allowing him to crawl between his Papa and Mama. "Hungrwy" The boy mumbles, still in a daze, as his mother smiles looking at her son burying his tiny head in his father's muscled shoulder.

"How does blueberry pancakes sound?" The man asks his son and wife. The woman shakes her head the same time his son nods.

"Blueberries are a no-no for the princess, she doesn't seem to like it. Abuela's oreo cheesecake in the fridge should be fine." She tells her husband.

They soon reluctantly get up to fill their rumbling tummies up on a lazy, Saturday late morning. The man moves around the kitchen, preparing the Oreo cheesecake on a clay plate, he specifically made for his wife, and starts making the blueberry pancakes for his son who was now seated beside his mother.

Adrion touches and observes his mother's growing stomach, as his mother explains to him that his sister is going to come out soon and see her brother. He listens attentively with his eyes wide open, and kisses her tummy saying he loves her the most.

After breakfast, they walk to the garden where a sculpture was planted in the middle firmly. The white marble sculpture of a smiling girl with her dog, puts a smile on the boy's face as he asked his father to carry him so he touch the girl's pointing finger that was directing to the sky. 'Fly high, Lucia' was engraved right at the base of the sculpture in gold. It was a tribute, a remembrance, once a welcome gift, to the man's sister, and the woman's best friend.

The garden was planted with all types of greenery, from blueberry bushes, roses, morning glories, tree ferns, creepy crawler plants and more. The man placed his one hand on the woman's lower back, and the other hand gently on her elbow, leading her to the bench to sit. They sit in silence, as she lays her head on his shoulder, watching their little boy move around the garden, sometimes chasing a blue butterfly, sometimes hoping to find a four leaf clover, one that he saw in his bedtime storybook.

"Ouch! Mama!" The boy cried once he saw a drop of red liquid ooze out of his tiny soft finger. The man calmly walks to his son's side with his wife beside him. He crouches down to his son's eye level, "Shh, it's okay. Let's make it better, okay?" He soothes his son, as he plucks the leaf from the rose's stem, wrapping around his son's finger.