𝐟 𝐨 𝐮 𝐫

Περσεφόνη (Persephone)

"And all of you are encouraged to join the program. Remember, it doesn't limit to any major or age, so by all means, register for it. There's a deadline and it's only limited to 100 students, so be quick if you want a spot. That's it for today's class. Thank you." Mrs. Anderson says, clasping her hands together.

I noted it down on my to-do list. Mrs. Anderson was talking about the Greek mythology program, it was sort of a competition and the prize is a free trip to Greece and tickets to the Acropolis Museum and the National Archaeologic Museum in Athens.

Bailey and I walked over to Madam Rosie's like always, and I knew Rio wouldn't be there today. He never comes to cafe on Friday's. He had basketball practice after class. Now, now, before you judge me, I swear people talk about his schedules all the time, and I just picked it up, memorising what I could.

"So, what exactly happened at Mr. Alexander's yesterday?" She asked eagerly, drinking her vanilla milkshake.

"I bumped into him there, he rejected the blueberry muffins and Mr. Alexander wanted me to pass him a book so I waited for him and...we had an okay conversation, I guess." I said. "Oh, and I downright revealed I stalked him." I sighed, replaying the conversation I had with Rio last night.

To say I was surprised was an understatement. I guess I was expecting him to be a lot more colder and rude, but as much as there was definitely a dark, mysterious vibe to him, he wasn't crude or anything like that.

"Woah! And what did he say?" Bailey asks referring to the stalking.

"He was just curious, I guess. Other than knowing his drink order, I told him that people talk."

"And that's true." She agrees. "I mean, the amount of gossip that gets around though." She twirls her pointer finger.

"Yeah." I think back to when he said how he doesn't like fruits in pastries. At first, I thought he was being rude about the blueberry muffins, but it was actually personal preference. I hated pineapples on pizza too, it wasn't much different."Cake is fine, though." I secretly wonder what his reaction would be if I gave him Abuela's blueberry cake.

Madam Rosie's voice broke me out of whatever daydream I was having, "You girls joining the new program? The Greek One." She asks, sitting at our table. Madam Rosie was from France, she's a really beautiful and sweet woman, and I honestly believed age was just a number. She didn't look a day over 30, when she's actually almost reaching 40. She could easily be a model. Fun fact: She's Mr. Alexander's wife. They met when they were both respectively starting their own businesses, and formed a friendship which then progressed into something more. Almost everyone on campus knows about their fairytale, they speak proudly of one another, and personally, I've always envied them. Friends to lovers, one of my favourite tropes.