𝐧 𝐢 𝐧 𝐞 𝐭 𝐞 𝐞 𝐧

Μετά (After)

Μετά (After)

"Do you like raisins?" Arthur casually leans towards me, whispering in my ear.

I don't turn to him, turning to the page Mrs. Anderson asks us too, reaching over to turn his too. "No."

"How do you feel about a date?" He smirks playfully, as I roll my eyes. Another day, another bad pun. I've gotten used to them over the weeks I've known Arthur, some made me genuinely laugh and some were like today, I feel like my eyes hurt from rolling them too much just because of him.

"You're insufferable." I mutter, as Bailey nudges my arm to keep it down. Liv, a new transfer student looks over at us, not really me, but Arthur. She has a full blown crush on him, but she's too shy to even make eye contact with him. She reminds me of how I was with Rio, I secretly ship them, but Arthur...

"And you love me for it." He winks at me. Poor eyes, they've rolled too much in just a day.

"Candy?" He holds it out with his fist closed around it.

That earns him a smile, it somehow always does. He never fails to offer me a candy after each bad joke, it's like our truce. Being around Arthur is like being around an older brother I've never had minus the flirting part.

I give him my palm, but before he lets the sweet go in my hand, he whispers, "Guess."

"Apple?"

He shakes his head, and I guess again, "Lemon?"

"Mr. Thomas, Ms. Jones. If you both have something to say, please wait until the class is over." She reprimands, then goes back to writing on the whiteboard. I glare at him as he tries to hold in his chuckles.

He drops the candy in my hand, and I see a blueberry flavoured candy in the palm of my hand. A small, terse gasp escapes me and a genuine smile plays on my lips, remembering how he said he couldn't find any blueberry flavoured ones when I told him what my favourite flavour was, so I told him any flavour would do.

As much as I couldn't not like Arthur, I couldn't see him as someone more than just friends either, he made me feel at ease but there was no butterflies, no sparks, no explosions that all seemed to equal to he wasn't Rio.

Once class was over, Arthur follows us to Madam Rosie's. Surprisingly, we got used to him being around. Although Arthur had tons of friends, he loved hanging around with us, and I admired him for that. He never looked down on us, and acted as though we've been friends for a long time. Liv follows us too, although she hangs her head down most of the time. I walk beside her, and Bailey walks beside Arthur.

Bailey tells him about Mason, about how they're finally together now. I was honestly so happy and proud of her for talking things through with him. I can't help but feel sad about her relationship with her sister, Madeline though. Madeline apologised to both Mason and Bailey, and they've all moved on respectively.