𝐭 𝐰 𝐞 𝐧 𝐭 𝐲 - 𝐧 𝐢 𝐧 𝐞

Κατάληξη (Ending)

Κατάληξη (Ending)

"Thank you." I paid for the frame and lamination of the picture Lucia drew as my Christmas present with Tío Mateo, me, her and Milo.

I bring it to my gallery that opened a week ago, framing it in the newly furnished office set up. It was great finally having a gallery I dreamed of having, and although I started this for Lucia, she was right, it was a dream I've been wanting to accomplish for my own purpose too.

The gallery opening was a success. Tío Mateo flew over and was taking a break from his clinic for the next two weeks, spending time with me and helping around with gallery.

After much contemplation, I finally decided naming the gallery, 'Dear Lucia' as a tribute to my sister. I didn't get to see my sister much before, but the letters were our saving grace, it was what kept us connected and hopeful. It wasn't easy saying goodbye to her, I don't think it ever gets easy, but I know, and I can say this with finality now, she is in a better place, a safer place, a place where she'd smile without fear and shine. That's the best ending she deserved.

"Have you talked to her?" Tío asks, observing the sculpture, the main attraction of the gallery. Bella's poem from our project was engraved onto the base of the sculpture, and truth be told, it was magnificent.

Hades, Burn My Heart.

"No, why?"

"I'm meeting her at that cafe, Madam Rose? Rosie?"

"Madam Rosie." I correct him, and ask, "Why are you meeting Bella?" I turn to him, confused and curious.

He smirked playfully, "Wouldn't you like to know?"

I glare at him, "We do talk...we just don't talk about us. I mean, she did come to the opening with her Abuela. She even congratulated me, and..."

"And?"

"And it hurt like hell. Not being able to hold her, I just don't know if she's moved on or if she's willing to give me a second chance." I tell him.

We walk out of the gallery, and I tell him I can drive him there, since I had to meet Coach Jenson in the basketball court.

"You know, her Abuela used to work in your house back in Spain." He tells me when we sit in the car.

"What? That's why the blueberry cake tasted so familiar. Wow."

"Have you never crossed paths with Bella before?" He asks. "I remember always seeing her tag along."

"No, not that I can remember. We talked mostly about Lucia. How sometimes we spoke of her like she was two different people. Things would have been much easier if only I said her name or my last name, or even yours. But we were just being protective over her." I tell him.