𝐭 𝐰 𝐞 𝐧 𝐭 𝐲 - 𝐬 𝐞 𝐯 𝐞 𝐧

Δηλητήριο (Poison)

Δηλητήριο (Poison)

"Hello?"

"Hey, hijo. I'm at the hospital now. I don't know what happened Rio, but she isn't improving." Tío Mateo pants through the phone, "I-I really thought she was, hijo. I'm sorry."

"I'm booking a flight, Tío. I need to see her."

"I'll call you back, hijo." He says, and I pace around my bedroom, waiting for his call.

I immediately answer when my phone lights up, "Rio." My name comes out painfully from his mouth. "Your parents...they aren't letting me in."

"What?" I ask in disbelief.

"They bribed the hospital, the doctors, the nurses. I-I can't see her. Mierda." (Fuck.)

"I need to talk to Father, Tío." I say, feeling my calm demeanour slipping off.

He sighs, "Rio....I don't believe she wanted to die. And I know it's wrong of me to say this without evidence, but I have a feeling your parents have something to do with her coma."

I pause, genuinely mulling over his words, "What should we do?"

"Open your gallery, go to court, get the guardianship, and I'll do the detective work. Trust me."

I know he was right, it was pointless for me to go over as much as I wanted to see my sister, winning the guardianship would ensure her safety and well-being. Tio's idea was for the best, and if we have proof that my parents had something to do with her going into a coma, it'll be much easier to win the case.

I agreed with him, and he surprised me by saying, "Your father's a candidate for the upcoming election, Rio. You know how he always says Lucia was bad luck, what if he wanted to get rid of her, and your mother's involved as well?"

"Fuck. Just do what you can, Tío. Please." My head throbbed, and I was beyond angry and frustrated now, feeling so helpless and useless.

"I will."

A crash coming from the kitchen stirs me out of my thoughts. I go to the kitchen finding Bella cleaning up pieces of broken clay. She sensed movement and looked guiltily at me, "I-I'm sorry. I was trying to—"

"Get out." My hand goes to my clenching jaw.

Her eyes widened, as she stood up carefully, "Rio, I said I'm—"

"Get the fuck out, Bella. I'm not repeating myself." I raised my voice, and the loud sound echoed around us, I saw her flinch, and for the first time in the 6 months of knowing her, I didn't feel sorry. She broke Lucia's gift, Lucia's handmade gift. And right now, Lucia was all I cared about.

It might have been an accident but I was too angry and frustrated to care. I didn't need to care for another person now, this is why I didn't want to be in a relationship. I knew she would get in the way.