[9] - 𝘩𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘶𝘣 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘦

WITH HIS EYES SHOOTING OPEN, Y/N immediately knew he was back in the Soulworld. It's the first time he's been there in years, he figured he lost his connection to it once Thanos destroyed the stone.

This time it was brief, he stood in the shallow water looking ahead at the open area. He saw a large bulky silhouette get up from its knees and hold up its right arm. Suddenly, a smaller figure tried to push him down but was thrown away. Moments later, another one holding a large axe tried to attack, but the tall silhouette kicked him away too.

Y/N felt like he couldn't move, and simply witnessed the silhouette snap it's fingers and emit a bright flash, the light taking over the entire space he was in.

Y/N woke up in a cold sweat, panting and his heartbeat racing. Out of instinct, he looked to his side and saw the empty bed. He didn't know why he half expected Wanda to be there, and he looked back down.

He thought back at the nightmare he had. It wasn't like anything he's experienced in the Soulworld. Was he remembering what happened five years ago in Wakanda?

Y/N rubbed his face. No, this felt different. It felt like some sort of vision.

But of what?

• • •

THE BUS SWERVED THROUGH traffic as the driver tried his best to steer. Both of the vehicle's back tires popped and couldn't be controlled as they sped through the overpass.

The passengers held on, many filled with terror and expecting the worst out of the situation. Ultimately, the bus crashed through the barrier and fell over the edge about to plummet down onto the road below.

An orange and black streak flew into the area and stopped in front of the bus before it could nose-dive down towards the street. Specter held onto the bus, grunting as he began to fly up and push the bus back onto the overpass. Y/N looked through the window and saw the passengers holding on, along with the driver pressed against the glass.

"Man...this would've been messy." Y/N breathed out and kept pushing the vehicle up. He finally brought the bus back onto the overpass, and dusted his hands as he caught his breath.

The occupants were helped off the bus by bystanders and the authorities were called. One lady walked up to Specter and grabbed his hand.

"Thank God for you! Thank you so much!" She was practically crying, grateful that the hero was there, "I thought I wasn't going to be able to see my little boy again."

Y/N gave nod, "That's why I do what I do, ma'am."

A friend of hers came over to comfort the lady. Specter looked around a bit, then flew up to leave the area.

Y/N perched himself on the edge of a rooftop and looked down at the area where the bus was at. He saw the officers and paramedics at the scene tending to the passengers, which brought a light smile to his face.

"That's why I do what I do..."

His communicator rang which snapped him out of his thoughts. He stood back up and answered the call, where he saw Natasha in the projection.

"Nat? What's the matter?"

"We're calling everybody back to the facility. Banner and Stark are already here. Rhodey, the Guardians, Thor, and Barton are on their way."