[10] - 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴

IT WAS TIME TO PREPARE for the Time Heist. Their brainstorming session was held in the conference room with many screens displaying the six Infinity Stones.

"Okay, so the how works." Steve began, "Now, we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost everyone in this room has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones."

Tony joined Cap up at the front of the room, "Or substitute the word encounter for damn near been killed, by one of the six Infinity Stones." He pointed at Y/N, "I'm referring to you, kid."

Y/N smirked at Tony's remark.

"Well, I haven't. But I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about." Scott said.

"Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round-trip each." Banner explained, "And these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history.

"Our history." Tony added, "So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in, yeah?"

"Which means we have to pick our targets." Y/N chimed in.

"Correct."

"So, let's start with the Aether." Steve looked at the sunglasses-wearing Asgardian sitting in the corner of the room, "Thor, what do you know?"

Everybody turned to him, and after a few moments of his silence, they noticed he was asleep.

"Is he asleep?" Natasha asked.

"No, no. I'm pretty sure he's dead." Rhodey replied.

They woke up Thor, and after collecting himself he began to explain the facts dealing with the Reality Stone.

"The Aether, firstly, is not a stone." Thor said, "Someone called it a stone before...it's more of an angry sludge sort of thing...so someone's gonna need to amend that and stop saying that."

Thor then explained how the Aether went inside his ex-girlfriend, Jane. It lead him to talk about his late mother, which made him sad and also admit that Jane isn't with him anymore. The room stayed quiet, and the situation got more awkward.

"Nothing lasts forever. The only thing that—"

"Why don't you come sit down?" Tony walked up and started pulling Thor.

"I'm not done yet. The only thing that is permanent in life is impermanence."

Tony clapped his hands, "Awesome. Eggs? Breakfast?"

Thor laughed, "No, I'd like a Bloody Mary."

"Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag." Rocket began to explain the next stone. The team sat around eating Chinese take-out as the raccoon walked across the table.

"Is that a person?" Y/N asked as he chewed his food.

"No, Morag's a planet. Quill was a person."

Scott's eyes lit up, "Like a planet? Like in outer space?"

"Oh, look." Rocket walked up to Scott's spot at the table, "It's like a little puppy, all happy and everything." He pet the top of his head, "Do you wanna go to space? You wanna go to space, puppy? I'll take you to space."

Scott lowered his head, embarrassed at the interaction with the raccoon.

"Thanos found the Soul Stone on Vormir." Nebula began to explain. The team sat in another room looking at the screen displaying the stone.

"What is Vormir?" Scott asked.