Chapter 27 - 28

Father Xie looked at the man in front of him. Everyone in country S knew who he was. He was Li Zhehan. One of the top businessman in the world. 'No wonder Li Singtan is so capable' father Xie thought.

Ignoring her husband, Lu Meili again smiled at Xie Chuang and said," You haven't changed at all. You still look the same."

Father Xie let out a small laugh and said," I look old in front of you. Look at you. You have become more beautiful and you still look so young."

Mother Li blushed at Father Xie's compliment.

Father Xie let out a chuckle and said," Look at you, you still have the habit of blushing when someone compliments you. Some habits never change."

"*cough cough*" Father Li could not help but let out a fake cough. He narrowed his eyes and stared at Father Xie who was talking to his wife like as if he was not present there at all. Before he could say anything Mother Li interrupted him," Ohh Chuang. See now we are in-laws. This is why nothing happened between us back then. Seems like God had different plans for us."

Father Xie nodded his head and said," I am actually very happy Meili. My daughter has a lovely mother-in-law and a loving husband. What else can I wish for."

Mother Li patted father Xie's shoulder and said," Xiao Ming is now my daughter. You can be rest assured that from now she will not suffer."

Li Singtan who was standing in distance could not help but smile when he saw his father's gloomy expression. He knew how possessive his father was about his mother. The thought of having his wife's ex-lover as his in-law must be killing him. He decided to tease his father and said," Dad why don't to leave mother and father-in-law alone. They have met after a really long time. I bet they have things that they need to catch up."

Father Li looked at his son with piercing eyes," No I guess they are fine. They don't need to..-"

" Ahh yes my baby is right. Zhehan why don't to go and bring mother and father inside while Chuang and I have a small talk." without waiting for father Li's reply, Mother Li started walking inside.

.....

Few minutes later, Father Li came back with Grandpa And Grandma Li.

When Father Xie saw them coming, he got up and greeted them. This was the first time he was seeing Li Singtan's grandfather, Li Mosen and his wife Tang Quanci in person.

Li Mosen was one of the most respectable man of country S. He was immensely talented as he had founded Li corporation all by himself.

...

The whole family was having a galla time outside while Xie Ming was suffering inside.

She could not take it anymore and decided to go out. Auntie Pi tried to stop her but Xie Ming dashed out of the room.

When Xie Ming came out of the room, loud laughters could be heard. Xie Ming scrunched her brows and started walking towards the living room.

.....

In the living room

Everyone was having a lot of fun except for father Li. He was sitting in a corner with a gloomy expression.

Xie Ming could not believe what she saw. She had thought that her father and Li Singtan would never get along but what she saw was beyond her expectations. Not only with Li Singtan but Father Xie was happily smiling and talking to his family members also.

Xie Ming felt happy but she was also disappointed. She felt left out as no one noticed that she was not there and no one even bothered to call her out.

She puffed her cheeks and decided to go back inside.

She was about to turn when mother Li saw her and said," There you are. I was wondering where you were." She then patted the space beside her and said," Come and sit beside mother."

Chapter - 28

Seeing his wife standing there all by herself, Li Singtan got up and started walking towards her.

Seeing Li Singtan coming towards her, Xie Ming puffed her cheeks. She then rolled her eyes.

Li Singtan raised her eyebrows. Seeing her expression, he was sure that she was angry about something. Offering his hand he said," Come."

Xie Ming slapped his hands away and said,"I can walk by myself."

Li Singtan grabbed her hand and said," You are my wife you should walk with me."

Xie Ming removed his hand and said," Oh so you still remember that I am your wife."

Li Singtan pinched the space between his brows and said," What happened? Why are you angry?"

Xie Ming ignored him and started walking forward. Even she did not know what she was angry but the thought of Li Singtan ignoring her really disturbed her. Brushing away her thoughts she sat beside mother Li.

Li Singtan also came back to his seat. He shot galnces towards Xie Ming but noticed that she was ignoring him. Raising his eye brows he though ' What did I do now?'

...

Few minutes later Auntie Pi and some maids came out of the kitchen with some snacks and refreshments.

As everyone was enjoying there snacks.

Grandpa Li said," This brat did not even care to give his wife a proper wedding. This is not done. Xiao Ming deserves a proper wedding like every other socialite. We can't expect anything from these kids so we elders have to plan everything."

Xie Ming expression changed when she heard the word ' Wedding'. Flashes of what happened at Chen Siquan and her wedding came in her mind.

Li Singtan noticed the change in her expression and said," There is no rush. We can take thing slow. I'll let you know when we are ready." Even he wanted to give her a grand wedding. A wedding that everyone in country S would talk about. But he knew that she needed time and he was willing to wait for her.

Understanding what her son meant, Mother Li nodded her head and said," Yes Singtan is right. Let's leave this to the kids. When they are ready we can plan the wedding then. Since they are already married it won't make any difference."

Xie Ming gave her mother-in-law a weak smile.

Father Xie sighed and said," Yes even I have some problems that I have to deal with. When everything is sorted we can plan the wedding then."

Li Singtan straightened his back and said," Even I wanted to talk to you about that. Li corporation would like to make some collaborations with Xie enterprise. We can discuss about this in your study later on."

Father Xie widened his eyes and said," I don't think so that is a good idea. Now that my daughter is married to the Li family I don't want to take advantage of that. I am happy that she is now in good hands. Sorry but I have to reject this offer."

Mother Li shook her head and said," Chuang what are you saying. We are family now. You don't have to feel shy."

Father Li who was silent for a really long time finally decided to break the silence and said," And it's not like Li corporation is doing any kind of favour to Xie Enterprise. It's a business deal. Collaborations help us enhance our business. So it's not a big deal."

Li Singtan nodded his head and added." Father is right. You should not deny this offer."

Father Xie wanted to say something but Xie Ming interrupted him and said," Yes father Li Singtan is right. This will save our business. I know what Chen Siquan has done. This is only way to save our business from bankruptcy."

Father Xie sighed and then nodded his head.

Hearing Chen Siquan name, Li Singtans eyes turned black. He would not let him off so easily. The collaboration between the Li's and the Xie's was just the starting of Chen Siquan's destruction. Li Singtan would make him pay thousand fold more than what he had done to his Ming.