|| Prologue ||

Third pov

"You would choose him over me?!" He snarled down at her, eyes blazing with rage and the smallest bit of hurt.

"Hai...and I'll do it again... because you have shown me your true colors. And I cannot stand beside you on the path you're on." Her voice was soft, and unlike his, filled with pain.

"Fine then..." He rose to his feet "Understand this, the next time we meet you are my enemy." He snarled, and the next time she blinked he was gone.

Silence engulfed her for a moment, and as the night darkened she remained where she stood, now knelt on the floor as tears cascaded down her face.

"...!" She turned hearing someone scream her name behind her. Her sad eyes meeting his tired ones.

"What happened...?" He asked softly kneeling to be closer to her height.

"He chose his path...and I chose mine..." her voice cracked. Hearing herself admitting it broke her and she sobbed.

"Ssh..." he reached down cupping her face and gently wiping away her tears "Gomen ne... I thought he would always love you, but it is seems. His ambition was greater than your love."

"I know..."

"Please, stop crying... if this is what he chose, then he was never worthy of you..." she leaned into his touch.

"It doesn't hurt any less. How could I not have seen it before..?" He sighed

"My aniki is...a cunning man. He may have loved you once, or maybe he simply chose you for your power. He just never let it show. Nor was he accounting for you to oppose him." He sighed "I regret to ask this of you, but will you assist me? In stopping him?"

Her eyes widened and her mouth fell opened in shock. She was not expecting this, yes she chose him but to fight against her ex-lover? Then she thought through it. The path her ex-lover was on is a dangerous one. Countless lives would be lost if he continued. Closing her eyes she let the last of her tears fall.

"Hai... I will help you." He smiled gently pain also in his eyes.

"Thank you..." together they stood and the darkness surrounding them slowly began to disappear as a glowing light appeared.

"No matter what. I shall stand by your side." She proclaimed her hair and eyes aglow at the promise she made.

A promise, she would keep.

==========

Fire cackled around the destroyed city. Bodies lay waste under the destruction. Cries filled with pain, mourning and anguish filled the night sky covered in smoke and the glow of the flames. Standing at the centre of the destruction in a suit was the cause of it all.

"You're too weak to defeat me." He snarled looking down at his younger brother. "I gave you this power. I gave you this strength. And I can take it back!" He snarled yelling at the end.

"We won't let you...I won't let you!" Her voice sounded behind them but when he turned she wasn't there.

He looked back to his brother to see a hammer coming right at him. It made contact with his stomach, both the blow and the power after it, sent him flying away from where he previously stood. He caught himself skidding across the floor. His head snapped up locking with the eyes that once held warmth for him.

"So you've come..." he stood the once emotionless expression morphing into anger at the sight of her kneeling to protect his weak brother. "And you've chosen your side." He practically hissed eyes shrinking in rage.