||6|| Birthday Gift||

Third pov

Izuku woke up dreading today. When it's your birthday you're supposed to wake up excited, happy to be with friends and family. Celebrating that you made it another year, because who knows how many people haven't made it to their next birthday. But instead it was a day his childhood friend beat him up more. A day he came home with more bruises than any other.

Sighing Izuku got up and did his routine. As he was fixing his jacket while leaving the room he saw his mother by the table. She was humming happily to herself.

"Good morning kaa-san." He greeted. Inko looked up her smile widening.

"Izuku!" She rushed over to him hugging him tightly in her arms as she peppered his face with kisses "Happy birthday sweetheart!!" He smiled.

Right. Today is never always that bad. He giggled returning the hug.

"Thank you." Inko broke the hug pulling him to the table where he got to have katsudon for breakfast. While eating both Midoriya's made idle talk until a knock on the door got their attention. Inko went to open the door.

"Hello! Is Izuku still home?" A soft motherly type voice sounded.

"Oh? Hai, he is. Please, come in!" Inko smiled up at the giant woman.

"Thank you." Stepping through the door having to duck slightly was none other than Aria.

"Aria!?"

"Izuku!" She smiled gliding over to him ever so gracefully. "Happy birthday!" She bent down lifting him into her arms and placing kisses all over his face much like Inko had done before.

"Haha! Thank you!" Wow. Today was off to a great start! 

Aria set him down placing a card on the table. He picked it up blushing happily as he recognized the semi neat scribbled kanji as Tsukiko's handwriting.

"She made this?" He smiled happily.

"She worked for hours trying to get her writing as neat as possible. I'm very proud of how far she got. She also grants you a gift." Aria smiled now kneeling before Izuku.

"Huh?" Izuku looked up only for a bright light to flash in his eyes. "Ite!" He flinched from the burning it caused.

"Sorry. Now let me see your hand." Still using his right hand to rub his eyes Izuku absent-mindedly gave Aria his left hand.

She took it her finger, it glowing as she grew on his wrist a single band. It stung gaining Izuku's attention.

"Huh? Eh a tattoo!?"

"Hai. This is the temporary one however. See as Ki-chans quirk we ourselves can appoint a guardian of sorts for her. I have nominated you and she has already accepted you as such." Aria smiled "This allows for us to keep in contact with you as well, a gatekeeper. We can now appear before you and you'll be able to assist Ki-chan in controlling her quirk better. You'll also be able to summon us at will once you have the permanent one."

"Eh!!? Why, why give me such a thing!?"

"Because she trusts you." The shine in Aria's eyes stunned Izuku "With no doubts, with everything she has and is. She trusts you. Therefore I will too. I have a good feeling about this." She smiled "Now... to get the permanent one..." A glittering light formed in Aria's hands and out of it a tiny stuffed toy sized person appeared.

"A person?"

"Meet Aquarius! He'll be our eyes ears and judge today! He'll be with you for the entire day to decide whether or not you deserve the permanent version yet."

"Is he...?"

"Hai. He's also apart of Ki-chan's quirk! I won't give you his name. You have to earn that yourself!" Aria passed the tiny boy to Izuku.

"If you think you're worthy of being gatekeeper, you're wrong!!" Aquarius began to yell taking Izuku by surprise and making Inko snicker quietly behind her hands "Gemini and I don't like you! At all!! You're not worthy of our little star! But she likes you, so we're going to give you a chance to see why!!" He stomped his foot making a face all too similar to someone Izuku knows.

"We're all watching you! And if we don't like what we see, especially me!! I'm kicking your ass ya here me!?" He yelled voice booming as if he was the same size as Aria. Who was giggling.

"Sorry. He and Gemini are two of the protectors to Tsukiko. They're more the bodyguard type. So if you make it passed them. The others will let you slide. I already gave full permission, as have, cancer. Convince the rest, and then you'll also be a guardian."

Izuku was stumped. Why was he given such a large role in Tsukiko's life? When he was sure he wouldn't be in it much? Not to mention he's quirkless! This was an honor he knew that. He knew this was also a way to stay in her life and as much as he wanted to fully accept it...he couldn't.

"I can't...I can't accept this! This is-"

"For us to decide!" Aquarius cut him off. "We decide! Not you! Don't even think you can decline this!!" The boy glared at Izuku then proceeded to climb onto his head "Now hurry your ass up or you'll be late for school!"

"Ah!!" He was right!

Izuku quickly finished his breakfast kissed his mom goodbye and ran out the house.

"Izuku! Ah...I didn't get to show him the papers..." Inko chuckled.

"That makes the surprise all the better, ne?" Aria smiled.

"It does..." Inko smiled "Oh the room is finished would you like to see it?" She smiled

"Hai! But we have to be quick! Ki-chan will awaken soon and I'll have to leave."

"Of course!" The two went towards the now finished room for the toddler.

"Ah...beautiful she'll love it!"

"Good! Oh look at the time. Tsuki-chan and I have to go shop for Izuku's cake before bringing her home! See you later, please tell her I'll be there soon!" Inko smiled.

"I will..." Aria vanished in light.

==========

Izuku was rushing to class when he bumped into someone. They instantly grabbed his shirt collar.

"You damn nerd!? Where the hell do you think you're looking!?" Izuku looked up meeting the fiery red eyes of his childhood friend, Bakugou Katsuki.

Usually he'd flinch away, scared of the rash blonde boy. But he was so happy and his thoughts on cloud 9 from the prospect of Tsukiko remaining in his life, that he smiled up at the ash blonde. Beaming.

"Kacchan! Good morning!"

"The hell-!?" Bakugou was taken back. Why the hell was he so excited, so happy!? "The hell are you playing at shitty nerd!?" He screamed prepared to hit him.

"Nothing!" Izuku beamed back taking his 'friend' by surprise again. Then the bell went making both boys jump, though Bakugou tried to hide it.

"Ah! The bell! Come on Kacchan or we'll be late!" The two took off running into the school.

"Don't you dare tell me what to do you fucking nerd!!"

"Haha! Gomen Kacchan!" Yeah Izuku was way too happy.

Who the hell is this priss!? Aquarius glared from between Izuku's locks at the ash blonde. I don't like him!

Kick his ass if he harms Izuku!! Gemini's voices yelled from their inner world. Aquarius grinned.

No qualms there!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know...I'm thinking people prefer Asami to Tsukiko. And I'm pretty sure it's because she's a Todoroki which means trauma, characters with trauma are cool... Plus she has 2 awesome brothers and a secret 3rd that's missing some serious mental screws. 

Or I could be wrong! Everyone has a preference! 

Also, hi! How is your day/night going?