||12|| Back to school ||

Third pov

Summer vacation was over. Winter was coming. And Izuku didn't want to part from home. He had to return to that dreadful place called school. Where he was looked down on for not having a quirk.

That was his main worry. He had yet to say it, to bring it up with Tsukiko. To say he was quirkless. She's been family for three months now and not once has she mention his lack of quirk usage.

She uses it, so does their mother but he has yet to use his quirk. He wonders and worries of her reaction to him not having one. Looking at his wrist the latest sign to accept him was showing. Pieces. Like Gemini they were twins, but instead it was one boy and one girl. Lux and Sage. They had the energy of 5 years old on sugar highs.

Do I really deserve such a gift from her? I'm powerless, how am I supposed to help when she needs me? Izuku frowned so deep in thought he hadn't seen the person in front of him.

Until an explosion went off in his face sending him flying back.

"Oi Deku! The hell are you looking nerd?!" Izuku looked up to be greeted by the sinister smile of Bakugou and his goons behind him.

"Ah! Kaachan!?" Izuku scrambled to his feet his nerves ticking.

"So, I told you to bring your friend back with you when I see you didn't I? So where is he, hah?!"

"I, I can't bring him, Kacchan!" Izuku frowned. He did know how to summon Matsumoto but he wasn't going to. Doing so pulled from Tsukiko's energy and he didn't want that. 

"Hah?! Are you defying me, Deku?!"

"No, no! It's not that! He's, he's..." his mind spiraled as he tried to think up excuses and then he got one "He's out of town currently!!"

"Huh?" Bakugou glared down at the greenette.

"I haven't seen him in a while! So, so I tried calling but, but then kaa-san said he left town to visit family!" Izuku lied hoping it'd work.

"Tch. Dumb Deku. He probably got fed up of you and left!" He spat turning away from the boy "Probably knew keeping a quirkless Deku around wasn't worth it!" Bakugou's goons snickered leaving behind a sulking Izuku.

And he just proved my point... Would they really leave if they found out I was quirkless? Would Kochan, not want me as a brother anymore? Doubt filled him and with his mood dropped Izuku went to class.

=====

The day went on, Izuku paid attention in class taking down his notes as usual only to pause as one of the signs on his wrist glowed. It showed Virgo. A sign he learned to tell meant that one of the signs were now in their world.

Is Reeve the one watching her this time? She's going to sleep for the entire day. Izuku sweat dropped.

Lunch came and Izuku had to buy because like the smart human he was, he heard of a villain fight happening and quickly left to see it. Not taking his lunch. He was about to leave the classroom when he bumped into Ryota.

Izuku stumbled back allowing Ryota to walk through the door, bento in hand.

"Izuku, apologies for that. You didn't get hurt right?" Izuku shook his head and Ryota lowered himself holding out the bento to Izuku "You forgot your lunch. Your mother sent this for you." The class and Izuku gaped up at the man.

He was the tallest man any of them have seen. Well, Izuku had seen him before, he was just not expecting him. Or this. It was like when he met Aria and it made him smile.

"Oh, thank you!" Izuku took the bento and Ryota set another box on top of it.

"Suki sends this for you." With that Ryota turned ducking slightly under the door and walking down the halls, disappearing when no one was in sight.

Izuku smiled returning to his seat and opening the box to see two slices of cake. One slice of each cake. He blinked seeing a note under the cover of the box.

Because we couldn't eat any yesterday! Izuku laughed softly.

"Oh! Midoriya got cake! Hey, wanna trade? I'll give you my snack for that cheesecake!" His classmate with long fingers asked already reaching for the cake.

Izuku is not one to fight. To only stand up for himself with words. No matter how futile. So what possessed him to slam the lid down on the bowl? No one knew. He gave his classmate a smile.

"Sorry. I'm not sharing this one." He didn't stutter and his classmate was at a loss.

"Getting ballsy huh, Deku?" The other with a long neck laughed stepping forward.

"Ah. No it's just, I really like this cake and I don't want to share it." He smiled seeming not to notice just how he was smiling.

"Come on! You've given us your lunches before. We're letting you keep your lunch in exchange for the cake!" Again they moved to take it.

He was so focused on his classmate with a long neck he hadn't noticed the other one using his elongated fingers to take it.

"Ha! Got it!" He laughed. Izuku froze then turned.

"Give it back." Now he had Bakugou's attention. Actually, he had half of the class's attention "You can have my lunch. But please give the cakes back." He asked nicely a nervous smile playing on his face.

"Ha. And if I don't?" The room turned cold. 

Izuku didn't notice but his eyes began to glow.

"Someone precious to me made that cake. I'd like to have it back please." Then he smiled. A sweet smile that felt so cold nobody knew what to do. Then as if to add onto it two shadows spawned behind Izuku red and white eyes glaring down at the boys.

"Return it." Voices mixed and echoed.

"Here." They quickly held out the box to Izuku "We didn't want your stupid cake anyway!" And they ran off.

Izuku blinked back to normal.

What...was that?! Izuku and Bakugou thought.

=====

"That was you?!"

"You weasel! Learn to defend yourself and speak up more dammit!" Yang yelled pulling Izuku by his collar. "Don't just take their shit!" And then he began to shake the smaller boy.

"Calm down Yang." Yin held his brothers hand down letting Izuku's feet touch the ground again "But he's right Izuku-kun. You need to stand up for yourself." Yin spoke in a calmer tone.

"Sorry...I know. But I just...I can't..." Izuku looked down biting his lip.

"You can. But we won't force you. Tch. We're heading back. Don't be too surprised when Suki is sound asleep when you reach home." With that the twins disappeared.

Are they, disappointed? Izuku frowned at the thought heading home.