TIS Chapter 7

"I may not know everything but one thing is for sure, you lied and that, it hurts her big time" — Evander Vestager
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

EVANDER froze at the moment. They knew each other? When? This somewhat surprised him, really.

Ngunit agad na nanlaki ang kanyang mga mata nang makita ang ginawa ni Illyza. She just slapped him, and oh dude real hard. The marks of her hand is very obvious on his handsome face.

"I almost..." Her voice is shaky of too much anger. "Almost believe that you're different..." She shook her head and pointed him out. "But no..." She poked his chest. "You're worst than I ever imagined." She said emphatically. Her vision is blurry because of the tears she's been holding for a quite while now. "Thank you, thank you for the time you spare with me... Vaughn." She nodded. "You lied, yeah, but still grateful because I enjoyed those moments with you." She glanced at Evander, ngumiti siya ng pilit rito. They are brothers. Kaya pala malaki ang pagkakahawig nila. Muling bumaling ang kanyang mga mata kay Vaughn. "Tell me, everything you showed me... were they all lies?"

Hindi parin makapagsalita si Vaughn. Hindi niya alam pero, nahiya siya sa kanyang ginawa. He just lied to her, and it's a mistake. A big mistake.

Humugot ng hininga si Illyza at tumalikod. She can't take it anymore. Sabay-sabay na nagbagsakan ang kanyang mga luha nang umalis. Pasalamat nalang siya nang hindi sila nakaagaw ng atensyon. Good thing she chose a better spot.

Mabilis naman itong sinundan ni Evander hanggang labas pero hindi na niya ito naabutan nang mabilis itong nakasakay ng taxi. He turned his back to see Vaughn standing a few distance away from him.

"You won't run after her?" Tinuro pa nito ang daan kung saan nagtungo ang taxi na sinakyan ng babae.

"No"

Nanlaki ang mga mata ni Evander sa sagot nito.

"You won't apologize?"

"Why would I?"

"Brah! You deceived her!! She deserves your sorry at least!" Mariing sabi nito.

Vaughn twitched his brows and stood coolly. He inserted both hands in his pocket. He stared back at his brother sarcastically, as if he cares. She's just a nobody.

"She's a friend brah! How could you be this cruel, huh!" Anang Evander nang makitang prente lang nakatayo ang nakakatandang kapatid.

"She's a friend?? She's just an acquaintance Evander." Wala lang nitong sabi.

"Whatever it is, you don't have the right to hurt her! Worst is you deceived her! You pretended to be Vann when you're actually Vaughn! Huh! What else lie have you been done to her?" Nangangalaita nasa galit ang lalaki ngunit parang wala lang pakialam si Vaughn.

Oo, inaamin niyang nasaktan niya ito, but he's not guilty. Call him devil, he don't care. Bato na ang puso niya at wala siyang pakialam. Nakita pa nga niya itong pigil na pigil ang luha kanina but his pride overwhelmed him. He will never ask for forgiveness to someone especially to her, she's still a nobody for him. At saka, malakas ang kompyansa niyang hindi na niya itong makikita pang muli kaya okay lang. But a part of him felt pity for her, she's different from the girls he had met here. She's the first woman who provoke the inner him. Pero kahit gano'n, nangunguna padin ang pride niya.