TIS Chapter 8

"God knows your pain and sacrifices. Someday everything will be paid off. Just keep praying and believing in Him. He will not forsake you." — Manager Weng
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

TUMULO ang mga luha ni Illyza nang tuluyang nakalapag ang eroplano sa runway ng Youdelman International Airport. Nasa Pilipinas na siya, muling bumalik sa ala-ala niya lahat ng mga nangyari sa nagdaang buwan. She can't help but to put herself in tears.

She heaved a deep sigh and grabbed her suit case. She took a deep breath, now that she's back, what will she do then? She's not yet ready to face everyone, gusto niyang palipasin muna ang mga araw bago niya harapin ang reyalidad.

She roamed her eyes, will she be able to see Kevin today? Hindi malabo dahil minsan dumadalaw ito sa airport at pumipirmi ito sa opisina nito dito.

Mahigpit na hinawakan niya ang kanyang maleta at naglakad palabas. Inayos niya ang kanyang suot, mabuti nalang at nagdisguise siya dahil kung hindi malamang pagkakaguluhan siya ng mga tao dito ngayon, at sigurado siyang lalabas siya sa telebisyon 'pag nagkataon. Napahinto siya at nilingon ang daan papunta sa opisina ni Kevin, matindi ang pagpipigil na ginawa niya para hindi makapunta sa opisina ng lalaki. Is he here? Dahil kung oo, isa ito sa mga taong ayaw niya munang makita.

She missed him dearly but there's something inside her that stopping her to see him. Pakiramdam niya may malaking hadlang nasa pagitan nilang dalawa ngayon. She don't know what it is, but she'll find out soon. For now, magpapahinga na muna siya. Muli siyang humugot ng hininga bago naglakad at pumara ng taxi.

-----

"YOU had sex with me Vaughn!"

Sigaw ni Hollerith nang muli silang nagkita ni Vaughn sa isang bar somewhere in New York. They are now in a parking area. Her face went red, she's mad at him. Big time! Hindi kasi siya pinapansin ng lalaki pagkapos ng nangyari sa kanila. And now, siguro pumapabor sa kanya ang panahon when she finally cornered him.

"I told my dad about it. I told him I like you. And that, I want to marry you."

He glared back at her like a dagger. And so? Fornication is normal in their society whether you had her as an acquaintance or not. It's normal to them, why she's acting like a nagger bitch? Like an innocent woman who had her first with him. She's absolutely ridiculous and it annoys him to hell.

"Your mom and dad talked to me. Well, I told them I like you, and they agreed with the idea of marrying you!" Hollerith with her machine gun mouth. "They want me to marry you Vaughn!" Parang bata na sabi ni Hollerith, her mood changed that fast.

'She's crazy!'

He smirked. He knew even before that she has something with him. He just ignored it with respect to his father. But man, he's a man too, he easily gets tempted on a wonderful word like sex. But he didn't asked for it, they were both under the spirit of alcohol that time when they did it. No one has to blame, the lust of their flesh had heightened that time.

"Stop with your fantasy, Hollerith. I'm not gonna marry you or any other woman. They just agreed with that stupid idea because they need you. Nevertheless, it didn't scare me. My parents? They're making fun of you right now. They make you as their puppet for something that doesn't matter with you."

Umikot ang mga mata ni Hollerith. Kitang-kita sa itsura nito na hindi ito naniniwala sa kanya. He made a side smile, he won't force her to believe him, it's her lose. He won't help her out with this. She chose them, it's okay.