TIS Chapter 3

"You know, there are things in life that we cannot hold on even if we're trying to. If they slip out of our hands, it means, it's not ours. If we're trying to pull it back and hold it tightly, they will still find ways to move out in our tightness"Vaughn Vestager
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

HUMINGA ng malalim si Illyza matapos ilapag ang mga pagkaing inorder nila. She can't look at Vaughn, naiilang padin siya sa lalaki and she won't deny it.

Vaughn sighed and stared at Illyza who's now busy looking at the beautiful street of New York. Dinala niya ito sa restaurant na pagmamay-ari ng pamilya niya, but he didn't tell her that they owned this establishment.

He snaps his fingers to call for her attention.

"Hey!"

Kumurap-kurap si Illyza nang bumaling siya sa lalaki. She smiled slightly.

"I'm sorry, I was just mesmerize..." She stopped when his brows rose so quickly. His blue-green eyes settled on hers that sends a bolt of electricity creep through her body. Nawalan tuloy siya ng sasabihin. Pakiramdam niya hinihigop nito ang kaluluwa niya.

Dumako ang mata niya sa lamesa. Huminga siya ng malalim at tumikhim. She tried to look calm and serious. But deep inside, she's slowly melting with the kind of gaze he shot to her.

"...about the prices of the dishes here. Anyway, they looked delicious. But, I doubt it." Pagpapakatotoo niya.

Natigilan si Vaughn sa sinabi nito. Inaya niya itong makipag dinner sa kanya, dinala pa niya ito sa restaurant nila but he received this kind of critic from her ni hindi pa nga nito natitikman ang mga pagkaing hinain. She's absurd!

"I mean... Oh, come on! No offense, I'm just telling the truth." Aniya, she's trying to explain. Ngayon lang niya napagtanto ang sinabi at nakakahiya. Ito pa naman ang umaya sa kanya at dinala sa isa sa mamahaling restaurants sa New York. She bit her lower lip, nanliit siya sa kanyang sinabi.

Vaughn tilted his head and narrowed her intensively.

Kung saan-saan nalang dumadapo ang paningin ni Illyza. Naaasiwa siya sa tinging pinukol nito sa kanya.

She heaved a sigh and narrowed back at him.

"I just want to be honest with you, I'm sorry. I simply don't like western food." Again, she said with honesty.

Umusbong ang paghanga ni Vaughn sa babae. It's his first time meeting this kind of woman. She's different from the girls he had on a date before. Well, this is not a date. She's too frank and really a straightforward type of a person. She speaks what's on her mind and that makes her quite interesting.

He almost smirked, there's something in her that provoke the inner him.

"I heard Filipinos really love salty food. I hate salty food. In short, I hate Filipino food."

He chuckled seeing her brows form into a line and her arms crossed around her chest. Cute. Parang maganda itong galitin.

"But unlike you, I don't hate, I respect western food. Besides, I have no choice. I'm in a western country so I must eat what is served for me. This is a blessing and I should be thankful." Walang hiya-hiya ay kinuha ni Illyza ang kutsilyo at tinidor pagkatapos ay nagsimulang hiwain ang karne sa kanyang plato.

He grinned.

"At saka, masarap kaya ang libre. Kaya sigurado akong masarap 'to, libre eh."