TIS Chapter 21

"Wow! Are you the bride?" — Apple Mihira Guevara
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

EARLY morning when Illyza got up from bed and did nothing. Last night was a battle between mind over matter. She had no proper sleep; her mind was busy thinking with the possibilities that could happen later. But she is confident enough nothing turbulence gonna happen. Vaughn cleared things with her in the AVENUEWORLD and that is what she's holding on right now. He's perhaps a man of his words, she guessed.

She will go to the wedding, yes. But she has no plan in ruining the event; she'll go because she's invited, that's all. Hindi nalang siya magpapakita sa lalaki but, is that even possible?

She had decided to attend the wedding with Señora Leticia's order. It'd be embarrassing if she rejects the good old woman's heart, but she made sure this would be the first and the last one. This not gonna happen again.

She sighed and held her daughter's soft, curly blonde hair. The pain permeated down her soul seeing her innocent Amarah grow without a father figure, or at least having a chance to know her dad.  

A mother cannot stand seeing her daughter in pain. Kaya kahit hindi nito alam at kilala ang ama gagawin niya ang lahat para hindi siya magkulang rito, o magtanong ito tungkol sa ama nito. She will not give her the opportunity to look on her dad, ayaw niyang makasira pa ng relasyon. The last one she did, she was not happy. Seizing someone's partner without compunction, it made her a monster to somebody.

One long sigh and Illyza got up from bed. She walked straight to the wardrobe, she remembered she has a white dress she once used in acting. Kinuha niya iyon at pinakatitigan. This is one of her favorites kaya isa ito sa dinala niya dito, in case of an event. At hindi nga siya nagkamali.

Sunod niyang kinuha ang makeup sa lalagyan niya, she missed wearing those wonderful colors on her face. She haven't wear any makeup since then, noong araw na tuluyan na niyang tinalikuran ang pag-aartista. Somehow, it misses her most especially in acting. But she shook the thoughts off her system, she shouldn't think of those. Those were in the past but she couldn't help but to reminisced it. Kaya huminto siya sa ginagawa at napagpasyahang maligo, maybe it'll give her tranquility.

"May susuotin kana?" Tanong ni Mihira nang mananghalian sila.

Tumango siya at sinubuan ng pagkain ang anak. "Oo, pero bibili pa ako kay Amarah."

"Sige, aalis din ako. Gustong makipagkita ni fiancé eh..."

Illyza smiled at her. "Ingat ha, laging tatandaan, 'wag bibigay."

Umikot ang mga mata ng babae. "Ilang beses mo na kayang sinabi iyan inay?"

Natawa si Illyza. "Paalala lang, mahirap na baka matulad ka pa sa 'kin. Hindi madaling palakihin ang anak ng mag-isa."

Pain crossed on Mihira's face, hindi alam ni Illyza kung namamalikmata ba siya o ano. It was vivid, nakita niya talaga ang pagguhit ng sakit sa mukha nito. Pero mabilis iyong iniling ng babae at ngumiti, a fake one.

"Bakit ba? Fiancé ko na naman 'yon..."

"Kahit na!"

"Ano ka ba Illyza! Nasa utak ko na 'yan palagi, 'wag kang mag-alala." Mihira was trying to lighten up her voice but she failed.

Unang beses, unang beses na makita ito ni Illyza sa babae. It is very obvious that she's not comfortable anymore, gone the bubbly Mihira. Hindi niya alam kung bakit naging ganoon ang reaksyon nito. She just knew shallow information about her, other than that, wala na.