48.

Song: Kiss me kiss me - 5 Seconds of Summer

........................................

Nate

I was both excited and nervous as I pulled out before the mall, a path I had burned in my memory by now, but still somehow it'd never felt like this. The unsettling butterflies in my stomach, my sweaty palms... Why?

This for sure wasn't our first hanging out. This wasn't even our first date.

But it'd been like this ever since the L-word made its way into our relationship.

Because for some reason she loves me. And as much as that felt like white delight, it also was scary and unnerving. Not only for this feeling overpowering everything else, but also because now that I knew I have her love I could actually fear losing it.

Because this was the only aspect in my life that was going smooth, almost too well, holding everything else back together, keeping me grounded... and I knew it wouldn't last. Just like everything else, it would stumble down eventually, and I wasn't sure I would be able to deal with it. But at the same time I wouldn't be able to cope with losing Hailey now either.

The only other thing that redeems this awful past couple of weeks was getting Kimmy back. The raven haired girl had stopped the distancing and we solved this stupid misunderstanding. She hadn't been mad at me and I hadn't taken Seth's side. We were all in the same page again and that was reassuring.

But, all in now,  Seth was completely gone. We'd barely spoken a few tense words these past days and mostly because team related stuff. And as for Bear... well, his friendship wasn't something I actually valued, but now that I was losing pilars in my life I realized my 'group of friends' was too secluded. They guys from the team were cool and would hang out and be there if I ask, I guess, but the group of people that really would be there through thick and thin was ridiculously small -and now even more pitiful.

As for things home... there were complicated. Nothing new there. Uncle Leo kept trying to reach out, but it was as if the more he tried to establish this bridge the more my mother stressed. I needed this break from everything. This might be why I was this nervous or whatever too. 

I'd been saving this past month of work and after the completely lack of alone time and now that the exams were gone until further notice, we'd decided to take a break. To have a weekend off and only for us. Hailey proposed to book a room somewhere so we wouldn't be in the barn or her place (where we usually get interrupted or walked into), so we would disconnect.

It would be nice to have our own time away from everything. To have her all for myself. For hours. For a whole couple days. And now I could afford it. She insisted on splitting the spends tho, and even pulled out the birthday card, knowing mine was next Monday; and no matter what I just couldn't dissuade her. But I guess that was fine. I needed this.