12.

Song: Weird people - Little Mix

........................................

Hailey

"-Yeah, so that was pretty much it. You know how sensible Ted is." my mother finished their little odyssey from yesterday. Even through the phone I could tell she was rolling her eyes. "However. How was the girl night there? Was it fun?"

"Very." I nodded, changing my phone to my left ear and holding it there with my shoulder as I took what I needed to make hot chocolate. "In the end the boys came as well, so we kinda have a party, you know? Alcohol, drugs and I believe at some point someone called the night ladies cause there are a couple of them passed out in our-"

"Ha ha, really funny." again, I could predict her facial expression just by her severe tone: ten dollars she was narrowing her eyes.

I smiled, but cleared my throat to keep a slightly worried tone as I started the microwave and turned to lean against the counter. "Funny? Oh mother, how can you be so insensitive? Some girl's life could be in danger!"

"Your life will be in danger pretty soon."

I laughed. "Fair enough. Don't worry, I was joking. Not about the boys, though, they did come along."

"Mm, you know what I think about it."

"Yes, we'll clean it all before you come back." this time it was me who rolled my eyes. "Haven't you heard that Kevin is here?"

My mother is totally in love with the boy. Maybe because among all of us he was the most responsible and calmed one. He'd never done anything remotely troublesome, he even gets anxiety whenever Taylor convinced him to come along to the games. His good-nature and good manners had won our parents over since minute one; he's as cute as they come.

"I've also heard Oliver is there, I'm not taking any chances."

If only she knew the very Nate Herond joined the group as well... She knew the teammates from the school and for what other teachers or staff said about them. Yep, probably not exactly good things. But I bit back my tongue about enlightening her of this tiny detail and went back to my teasing.

"You're distrust is so offensive." the beep of the microwave gave me the perfect excuse. "Breakfast ready! I'm sorry to hang out, but duty's calling. See you later."

She chuckled from the other end. "Take care, honey. I love you."

"Love you." I sang back and wait until she  hang up before sliding the phone in my large hoodie pocket. I just hate being the one pressing the red button.