17. Part Two

Song: My Oh My - Camila Cabello ft DaBaby

........................................

Hailey

And I did find a drink. Hell, if I did.

I sent a quick text to Vickie, not getting into the details, but telling them I'd run into someone and wouldn't be making it to the movie yet. Or ever! He was there, probably cuddling with Karen, being all lovey-dovey while in his perverted mind he was probably thinking about any other girl.

I could see all the signs now. All those secret meetings, his anxiety about me telling anyone... He never had any intention of breaking up with Karen. He was probably bored or whatever and wanted to add emotion to their long time relationship. 'Emotion' as in messing with my feelings. Leading me on when there was obviously nothing to be lead to.

I'd been his plaything to spike his actual love life.

And I believed every word like a bloody moron!

I thought it was sadness what crushed my chest and tightened around my throat like a deathly lace... but. It wasn't sadness, it was anger. Red burning ire that flowed through my veins like liquid fire.

Mad at him? At me? Both probably. And it beated me, I couldn't take the humiliation that irked me from inside because it was all my own fault!

The groups in the picnic zone had alcohol already running since earlier that night. There were people gathered on the benches, doing drinking games and taking this celebration to the next level. See? This is why young people like my brother shouldn't be here.

It wasn't difficult for me to find a group with people I'd befriended and that were happy to let me have some of their drinks. They had apparently an endless supply of different alcohols they brought with them -since the owners directly forbidden to have anything stronger than a beer in their stands.

The portable fridge of Ethan Turner was under the picnic table, bluetooth speakers and we all were gathered around. Crowded together, but it was fine since late October was making itself noticeable. Human heat and all that.

I'd lost the count of how many times I filled my plastic glass. Three? Four? By the time the games turned naughty I was more than ready to let loose. This hole in my chest hurt and ache, screaming for attention and I need to get rid of it. Never had I drink like this. To get drunk. To forget this awful feeling inside me.

Why couldn't I be enough?

Always second choice.

Didn't I deserve to be someones priority for a change?