50.

Song: Perfectly perfect - Simple Plan

........................................

Nate

I parked before the school's building, this bubble in my chest at the sight of the school stirring. I was so disappointed the weekend had come to an end. I wanted to stay in that hotel forever, in that cloud of dreamland that held us away from the rest of the world. Despites sunday's walk and dinner, we did stay in the rest of the getaway. Just talking, laying there and yeah, experimenting this new side of our relationship.

"Hey!" I was jumped on from behind as soon as I locked Letty, someone hugging me from behind and their force urged me a couple steps forward. "Happy birthday!"

"Kimmy." I grinned, turning back to see her tilting up her chin. Maybe it was the sun, or a bad night, but she looked pale as ever and not even her make up covered fully the dark circles under her eyes or the hollow of her cheeks. That unease I'd been feeling lately intensified at her sight. No matter she was smiling, there was clearly something off with her and her eyes looked exhausted. "How are you?"

"I am the one to do the questioning. Have them give you the bumps already?"

"Ha ha, fucking hilarious."

"I know." she smirked hanging on my arm as we made our way to the building. "Now how did the weekend go? Too short?"

"Yeah." my lips quirked upwards at the reminder as I locked Letty behind us and a shudder travelled all the way down my body.

I hadn't noticed how much I'd missed it until we've actually done it, and still I wasn't prepared. There was something unique in doing it with Hailey, with someone I loved. My last experiences with Nadia were merely the physical act, and with Trish it'd been a long while since we did love each other. I'd almost forgotten how it felt. And not only how it felt, but how it made me feel; while, before and after.

"Uh, you got that look." Kimmy grimaced dramatically making me frown.

"What look?"

"The I'm-whipped-as-shit." she rolled her eyes, tightening her hold on my arm as we climbed the front steps and entered the building. " You're disgusting... If I wasn't this happy for you I'd be jealous."

"Confessed it, you are jealous."

"Maybe a little. Don't let it get to your head." She joked back with a wink. "So, do tell."

"You really want me to tell you?"

"If you don't I'm gonna snatch it out of her."

I chuckled in startlement. "So this is how this is gonna work from now on? You two against me?"