28.

Song: You don't know me - Elizabeth Gillies

........................................

Hailey

"Hailey!"

I could faintly hear my mother calling from downstairs. The slim rays that managed to find their way through the blinds of my window tickled my nose with its warmth and light. Making me scrunch it and turned to my other side. My eyes still closed and heavy.

This is like the third time she'd called for me to wake up, but it was Saturday. Today was my free day. Nothing was pushing me to stand from this comfy mattress other than her high pitched voice turning impatient with time.

The whole night I'd been tossing and turning. Well, actually, not only tonight. For some ridiculous reason, catching sleep had been an impossible mission lately. Too many thoughts overpowered my mind and what I thought would be a simple decision turned into a curse.

It had been two days since the... fight? I don't know how to call it exactly.

Nate had been giving me the space I asked for and I was glad he did, but at the same time I got this constant scratching at the back of my head that told me that he was way too comfortable with this break.

Maybe he did mean that we weren't involved. If I didn't mean anything to him, he must not be missing me.

Not like myself, who'd been stupidly yearning to call him and take it all back but what was the point? This ridiculous feeling wouldn't just go away, and being in a physical relationship with someone I was starting to care so much for was like tying the rope around my own neck.
The stupid quarrel kept replaying in my mind when I let my guard down. 

"That's what we'd agreed, but I don't want this anymore."

There was a shattering silence after those words left my mouth, the only things I could focus where how loud my heart was hammering and the increasing pressure in my chest.

I can't believe I just said that. I can't believe we are standing right here after how promising the day was going an hour ago.

But there was another part of me -a small one- that clapped proud for finally having traced the line about his perks on this deal. I thought I would be coping better with all this, but I couldn't stand knowing something so intimate for me had been just some other for him. That he probably was doing this with someone else a day ago.