11.

Song: We are young - Fun

Song: We are young - Fun. ft Janelle Monáe

........................................

Hailey

"Go fish." Vickie snapped her gaze up at Kevin's retort narrowing it. The asian guy smiled wider, his eyes stretched into two thin lines. "Go fish, Vickie. Again."

She inspected her cards once more, looking down at the table and back to the cards before lowering them with an exaggerated sighed of frustration that humored us further.

"You're cheating." she accused through clenched teeth, picking a card.

"We're not. It's not our fault you suck at this."

Her face reddened almost as her hair. "This game sucks."

"Come on," I coughed in my fist to cover my laugh -not all of us were this discreet. "Everyone loves it."

"Not me!"

"Because you suck at it." shrugged Taylor and Kevin nudged her lightly as Oliver almost rolled on the floor from laughing.

Nate had this amused smirk as well, but his eyes were focused on his own cards, hard, as if it was a tricky question. It made sense once you know he'd never played it before and the previous games had been us basically teaching him. He'd get it pretty quick but still getting used to it I guess.

I couldn't believe how easily he'd fit in. I mean, weren't we lame and boring? One would have thought Mr Popular would have some party or cool stuff to attend to on a Saturday night, but no. He decided to hang here and the guys received him with open arms. Vickie was a bit reluctant, mostly because her shyness and the close bond between the quarterback and Bear; as for Taylor, she'd never been a huge fan of Nate, nor she was trying to hide it.

Don't ask me why, but tonight we all seemed to have made an agreement to go against Vickie and the poor girl keep gaining cards beyond believing, to the point she was getting frustrated. Oliver even tried to sneak as a rule while teaching Nate some not-so-official rules made especially against her, but that only earned him a smack on the back of the head from the red-haired.

With a huff Vickie picked up the card and examined it, blushing harder as she does but her eyes sparkled. Olly and Kevin shared a look and barely managed to convert their conspiratorial smile. Oliver cleared his throat. "Hey, Vickie."

"Mh?"

"Give me your King."

Her face flushed angry red and we all bursted into laughing as she once again lost another card.

"Fuck you!" she slammed her cards on the table and got up.

We tried to talk her to stay, but since we keep chuckling she sent us a glare and flipped us moving pass the circle we were forming around the coffee table where we were playing and towards the barn door.