20.

Song: Domino - Jessie J

........................................

Hailey

"Please no more." Nate groaned, frustratedly pushing his book away. "What about a break?"

"Nate," I frowned, getting his workbook and eying the exercises. "We're a week away from the exam, and you still kinda lame with second grade fractions."

"But they're so boring!" he whined like a child and leaned backwards against the headboard, so abruptly he made the bed wiggle, me and our things along with it. I fisted the sheets to stay balanced. "We've done like twenty of them and I still suck. The quicker we learn I'm a lost cause the better."

I sighed. It'd been like this for the last hour. He was damn stubborn and his pride was too big. So now that his ego was wounded, he was even more closed off and it'd become and endless loop.

We were in his apartment, quieter than my place -today at least since my mother was having another of her meetings. Here, instead, it was just the two of us. Once Nate urged Freckles out the room and close the door so it won't get back inside, this place was perfect.

"Come on," I patted his leg. "It's not that hard."

"It is." he glared at me. "It's fucking useless shit and it's fucking dull. All I want is a simple break."

"Again, we only have, like, five days left. If we end this lesson today we still got time to focus on the other." his jaw clenched glaring at the ceiling. "I know it's complicated but not that hard."

"Talk for yourself."

My patience was running thin at this point. I could feel my eyelid twitching at his stubbornness. "Not only myself. Almost everyone's already got it."

His eyes shot to me like a knife. "Well, then maybe it's your teaching skills what sucks."

"Really?" I snapped the book closed, startling him. "I'm done with this."

This was the last straw. I can deal with patience and frustration, but him blaming me after all the hard work? Ha! I wouldn't get that crap. He watched carefully as I stuffed all my things back in my bag. A small frown pursing his brows, his attitude lowering as he sat straight once more when I climbed off the bed.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm leaving! Going! Adieu and good luck." I threw the bag over my shoulder, gesturing dramatically and getting more frustrated when my infuriation seemed to amuse him. I huffed. "You are impossible when you're like this!"

I turned to do my march out the door, but my wrist was seized and a tug pulled me backwards 'till I fell on Nate's lap.

The hell?!