36.

Song: Hands to myself - Selena Gomez

........................................

Hailey

"I'm not a stranger to the crack.

Hideaway, they say

Or we'll be taking all your stash-"

"Oh my god" I laughed, both amused and horrified at his version of the This is me from The Greatest Showman that was currently playing in my laptop. "It's so not like that."

He smiled and shushed me, leaning more into the headboard of my bed, pursing his brows forcefully in concentration, trying to remember the next obscenity as the real song played through the speakers. "Err, and then it goes... Oh yeah. -nanana glorious

When the sharp syringe wanna cut me up

It's gonna knock me out, gonna dope 'em up

I am wasted, I am crocked,

I am who I'm meant to be, this is me."

I shook my head, biting down my chuckle. "It does not say that. "

"That's what the guys sing." he shrugged folding another flyer.

Tomorrow was the last day to buy tickets for the Snow Ball and I was in charge of the publicity. So it was on me to make sure everyone had as much advertisement of it and the offer of the photography club that had collaborated with the Dayly for stuff like the yearbook and these special events. Students would be able to buy their pics of the Ball and it was my job to announce it.

Nate was helping me fold them properly and tomorrow morning I would stuff them in all the lockers and leave a few on the lobby.

We'd dragged my chair near the bed to support the laptop and had all the flyer spread over the mattress as we folded them. Well, I was. Nate had grown tired of it and lately he scrolled through his phone and perverted every song as it came.

A part of me was still waiting he mention something about the Ball since it was a topic so evident at the moment, but he kept it to himself and my nervousness and disappointment was growing. I guess he wasn't asking me after all... I knew I shouldn't expect him to but still a part of me hoped he would. Especially after this morning's bump into Justin.

I'd convinced Kimberly to meet me again, and she accepted rather easily considering yesterday's events. She was all smiley and cheerful today; saying it was all a mistake, that she had it all under control and basically pulling out an act so I wouldn't freak out.

She did all this so I wouldn't tell anyone else. I knew it, but she also sounded convinced  when she said she was done with it. She sounded scared and tired, but maybe sure enough? Maybe she did have it under control now? I still wanted to tell someone, but what good would that do?