31.

Song: All around me - Justin Bieber

........................................

Nate

The air was freezing cold as I stepped out the locker room zipping up my jacket with a shiver. Tonight had been the first snowfall of the year and there was a thin, very thin, white blanket covering parts of the field and path. A physical proof of the damn icy weather.

Rehearsals today had been harder because of it, and the fact that I just showered made my damp hair felt glacial itself.  But even with that, my good mood at the coach's announce didn't falter a bit.

Several talent scouts from the Ivy League had confirmed their interest in some members of the team. Me being one. My lips quirked at the hem in attempts to contend another grin. Me, I was on their list. They would come looking for me. Oh my God! I never felt this close to actually getting away. College'd always felt more like a daydream rather than a possibility... yet here it was.

I was almost floating, my feet barely grazing the floor as I made my way across the evacuating field and towards the lot. Coach Grey had advised me about keeping up my recently improving marks if I wanted this chance to be available and that was exactly what I planned to do.

"Herond, wait!" I stopped turning to see Nadia near the bleachers' end with some other cheerleaders. She waved the girls she was with and jogging this way.

"Hey." I smiled back.

"Hi! Long time not talk to you." she taunted flipping her blond ponytail off her shoulder and I rolled my eyes as she wiggled her eyebrows. "Something's been keeping you busy?"

A lot, really, but it wasn't like I would pour my life's dramas out on her right now so instead I summerized: "Scouts will be coming."

"Yes?" she grinned along with me squealing and giving me a cheerful hug. "Yas! You got it, Herond."

"Yep, I just need to increase my marks to a little more than barely decent. Talking of which," I adjusted the bag's strand on my shoulder, pointing the way to the parking lot. "I got some tutoring to go to."

"Oh, yeah," she hummed and her eyes sparkled humorously. "With Gracie." I shrugged no shoulder, no minding the flip my stomach did at her mention yet she noticed and a smirked pulled her lips. "Aren't you getting close?"

"So what?" I bit back, still unadjusted to this openly not-dating exclusive thing.

In our dynamic, it felt the same we already had pre-fight, nothing too drastic changed; yet in my chest it felt like a lot more, like stepping into an unknown place and that creeped me out almost as much as it pleased me and that was hella confusing. But not in a bad way, just... weird.