6.

Song: Crossroads - Dead by April

........................................

Hailey

"So you've finally decided to show up." a harsh voice startled me and I stopped mid step and raised my gaze from my bag just as Logan Dawson stepped in, frowning down at me.

"Well, hi." I smiled, but he didn't return it. Instead, he was sizing me down. "Mm, how was the convention?"

"Well, considering I lost a once in a lifetime interview for that..."

I rolled my eyes, hanging the backpack properly now with my notebook and pen in hand. "Don't be melodramatic. It's just one interview. I was practically forced to take it."

"Oh, you surely were."

"Hails?" Ted called me from the second row, finally noticing I wasn't following since I had been caught at the bottom of the bleachers. Now that I noticed, we were kinda obstructing the flow of incoming students. I blushed a bit, but at Logan's expression I knew he wasn't done.

"Go take a seat with Shane and Taylor." I told my brother and  moved aside to let a couple climbed up the steps. "I'll be there in a bit."

"Okay..." he hesitate, but turned around and did as I said, taking one of the free spots besides his twin, that now was sitting on the fifth line, legs over our seats and holding the big foam rubber hand he brought from home while Taylor painted green and yellow lines in his face with the other -Roosevelt's colors. Shane, at his fourteen years, was our home's biggest freak about football after Matt and there was no doubt when he reached the proper age he'd get in the team as well.

Logan scoffed. "In a bit, she says..." people behind was starting to complain so I let Logan lead me out their way, standing almost in the line of the field. "If you're in charge of the sport's section you can't go enjoy it with your family, Gracie. You need to get in the mud."

"Oh please." I laughed, but he was dead serious and my chuckle died. "What do you mean?"

That was when he glared. "You must already know it, but this is the most readed section in Roosevelt's Daily. It must be perfect. I've been keeping it up for over a year now and I won't let my work fall short only because Glennson decided to lend it to you."

"Well!" Now I was offended. I mean, yeah, this wasn't the field where I was most comfortable with, but the draft I made last night was pretty good. Also, "I never asked for this you know? It just got handed to me."

"How causal." he huffed and I frowned.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing, only that it's curious how someone not even nearly as prepared as requested got to do this huge interview and not, I don't know, someone who actually work for it."