Chapter 26

Jealousy.

That is his trigger button.

That was the trigger button Luna unconsciously pressed which had led her to her current predicament. Her pencil skirt raised to her waist, fingers gripping the long glass table, head tossed back, eyes shut with her mouth wide open, emitting no sound.

It happened one fine afternoon.

Luna realized how alone she felt at work. Being on a different floor with less than five employees minimised daily social interactions. Chloe was her 'reporter' always telling Luna the gossips, what was happening, what was going to happen and what was about to go down.
Dylan sometimes came for a chatt, but he was now posted to Brussels on security escort business. They were away and Luna felt alone.

Being on the executive floor was somewhat boring, the place was too quiet and so serious.
So after the first weird time of interrupting Luna's solo lunch time, Luna allowed Nathan to sit with her every time she ate at the restaurant on the last floor. Which was quite frequent since she didn't want to go too far because her boss would need her assistance at anytime. As a PA.

At first it was weird, he asked the questions and she responded monotonously, but then the conversation started to get very interesting. Apparently, Nathan had a sense of humour that had been dormant.

Luna laughed at all his jokes and experiences working in the LA branch. He told her of the how the 'work slut' who was married to manager there, tried to seduce him on his first week of arrival by following him to the gent's. He came out of the stall only to see a naked woman posed on the sinks, legs wide opened displaying what she had to offer.

"So what did you do?" Luna sipped on her smoothie, staring at him intently like she was watching a movie.

He laughed. "I did what every young man should do in a Joseph and Potiphar's wife situation. ....I run away screaming!"

She burst out laughing. Nathan watched her mesmerized, her laughter was beautiful to him. Well everything about her was.

"You're lying!" Luna accused him.

"No, it actually really happened and I truly did run away."
Nathan spent half an hour trying to convince her that he didn't fall into temptation which led to a full-blown argument about how no single man would give up a free opportunity like this.

They exchanged contacts, and from that day onwards they had lunch together whenever Luna could.

It was twelve twenty. Luna had prepared the conference an hour ago for the meeting that was supposed to commence at twelve pm. They were meeting with the head of  Remington eye located in Japan to discuss the expansion of the hotel, requiring big boss's approval on their plans.

They were running late and Luna was supposed to cancel, but big boss had sent a message to her saying that they were waiting for them. So Luna sat in her office waiting.

She texted Nathan that she wouldn't make it for lunch. Two minutes later she heard a knock on the door and Nathan entered.

"I figured if we couldn't have lunch upstairs, then I could bring lunch to you" he spoke placing the takeaway rubber.
He removed a paper bag and gave it to Luna.

"I got you a chicken burger and fries.".

Luna collected the food. "Thanks, you're a life saver. I was seriously starving."

She immediately dug into her food as Nathan focused on his sandwich. When they were done, Luna thanked him again and they began to chatt.

She sat down beside him, giggling at his failed attempts in trying to flirt with her as he held her hand.