Chapter 34

Matthew 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. Amen.
(A quite difficult thing to do actually, living with other people can be so annoying! )

The sound of a ringing phone woke Luna up, still sleepy, she reached for the phone wondering who the hell was calling her at this ungodly hour.

It took a while for her to answer as she tried to swipe with her eyes closed. Pressing the phone to her ear, her hoarse voice came out in a whisper.

"Hello?"

"Get the fuck up Luna!" The deep angry voice which was calm sent a shock waves down her body and she was now fully awake.

"If you don't get here in the next 15 minutes, so help me God!"

He hang up.

Swinging her legs off bed, she quickly got up which was a grave mistake on her part. She hissed in pain as she fell, her vagina felt like it had been run over by a truck.

Slowly getting up, she managed to shower and dress in ten minutes, grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and hurried to the door.
She thanked Daniel as she entered the elevator, tying her long hair in a bun.

"Daniel please can you drive a bit faster today?" Luna pleaded as they rushed into the car.

She brought out the small makeup kit from her black bag, trying to cover up every visible sign of their passionate night scattered across her neck.

"I'm sorry ma'am, Big boss has warned every security team member to not exceed the driving limit when transporting you."

She placed her mascara down, throwing him a glance. "Not even when it's an emergency?"

"I'm sorry ma'am."

She snorted. Unbelievable.

Luna rushed out before the vehicle even stopped causing Daniel to yell out a warning.

She threw a quick apology over her shoulder, not halting even for a second. She made it to the elevator without bumping into anybody panting panting. With Chloe on leave and recent events, she forgot to visit the gym.
Instead of going elsewhere maybe she could attend the one here at work.

Miss Palmer's office was fortunately empty as she passed by, sparing her from any early morning unpleasant comments and fresh glares she gifted Luna benevolently.

Closing her door on entering her office, she took a minute to breathe as she collapsed on her chair. Taking off her grey coat, she pulled out a small mirror from her drawer to check her hair. It hadn't loosen with all her running, she smoothed the top to lay down any strands that may have escaped and closed her eyes.

Just as she rose to head to big boss's office, her desk phone rang.

"If you're done doing whatever that it is you're doing, it would be nice of you to join us as we have already wasted enough time waiting for you. Your highness."

The call cut before she could reply. She swore she thought she heard Miss Palmer sneering in the background. She rushed out.

Knocking, she entered to see a smug-faced Miss Palmer already seated legs crossed, in a black skirt that looked too short for the business environment. Ignoring her, Luna walked closer to the large table. Everything was arranged to perfection, befitting the principled man who loved order.

Big boss had his back turned, watching the bustling streets below.

"I'm sorry for the delay-"

He cut her off as he turned around, his cold stormy eyes met hers. Luna visibly flinched, these weren't the eyes that adored her last night. Not that she was expecting anything to change. This agreement, rest assured, was going to leave her in ruins.