Chapter 12

It's all about freedom and justice.
#EndSARS

Shutting the door softly behind her, Luna stood still trying to decipher what the altercation between them was about.

A part of her was overjoyed, another part scared of how this would turn out. She had believed that she was the only receiver of his wrath when he got mad. It was true that he had turned over a new leaf, but it didn't sound like a great Idea to provoke him further just to test the theory.

Quietly, she slowly walked to kitchen, near the suddenly increasing voices of the cheater and homewrecker.

But right now it wasn't about her.

The sound of glass smashing on the floor brought her mind back. She rushed into the kitchen, eyes widening at the sight that lay before her. Zach had his hands around Jolene's neck, squeezing. His face redden in  anger, eyes focused and determined on taking the life of two people.

Two people?!

Shit! Jolene was carrying his child. That reminding thought alone unfroze her legs, causing her to intervene in the life threatening situation. Not that it wouldn't have happened anyway.

"Zach!" She screamed tugging at his hands. Her efforts were proving futile. Jolene face was turning into a darker shade of red. She needed to act quickly!

Searching frantically for something to subdue the raging beast of  her husband, who was about to commit his first murder. Coming across a wooden rolling pin in the lower cupboard, she turned quickly and struck his back. His tight hold loosen immediately, and he fell to the ground banging his head along the way. Jolene crumbled too, on the verge of passing out. Her breath wheezing, as she tried to say something, before passing out.
Now Luna stood there in a daze, looking down at the two bodies.

She sat down on the tiled floor, she needed a minute to cool her beating heart. To say that she was shocked abou what just happened would be an overstatement. A man who dared to lay his hands on his own wife, wouldn't show any difference to a sidechick or baby mama right?

Just as an unfaithful partner is prone to cheat on his girlfriend whom he divorced his wife for, so as a man who beats his wife can also beat his baby mama. It takes a lot for someone to change. Luna pondered on these thoughts, she also wondered what could have provoked Zach to act in such a manner.

A few hours later she had managed to move the bodies and swept the broken glass jar which Jolene had obviously thrown.

She had successfully dragged Zach's unconscious body to the couch. She didn't have the strength to drag two bodies upstairs. She covered him with a heavy blanket, as the temperature had dropped within the last few hours.

It took her another hour to drag Jolene body upstairs. If not for her condition, she would have left her near Zach. On the couch.
She placed pillows, heavy blankets and towels on the carpeted stairs and slowly pulled her body up stair by stair. Luna tucked her in bed, her body wasn't all that heavy but it was still a struggle. Looking at the blonde, she realised her neck had bruised. Luna fetched the ointment Zach used for her and applied it carefully on her neck. There was no doubt that she would feel the pain tomorrow morning.

Luna rose from the bed and started to walk out, stopping at the door she turned. Looking at Jolene. This should frighten her and make her leave.