Chapter 31

Since it's been long, here's a recap [ Luna stole a handgun and tried to murder Zac for closing their joint account and taking all the money, Luna hangs out with Nathan, Chloe is on vacation, Dylan is on assignment elsewhere, Luna hasn't banged big boss yet..] Or you can read through again I always do that when I archive a book.

1 Corinthians 13:4
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves. Amen.
(This should be on our minds when receiving love, giving love and looking for love)

Luna was bored out of her mind, she had been lazing on the couch for an hour now, watching Two Broke Girls. Huffing in utter annoyance, she stood up heading to her room to change. She needed fresh air.

She was alone and was dying for some company, even if it was Sarah. She hadn't seen her ever since they had had dinner together. Now it looked like she only worked in their absence.

She spent the earlier part of the morning poking her nose where it didn't concern her. His bedroom was the starting point, grey, black and white were the colours that stood out in his well organized room. There was nothing out of place, it just lacked some sunshine. In fact his whole abode did. But she had to give it to him, there was nothing sexier than a man who knew how to clean up after himself.

She opened the drawers at the night stand near his bed, just rummaging through his things. Searching for nothing in particular, just anything that would tell her more about the man whose roof she was living under. She spent more time in his walk-in closet, mesmerized at the collection of designer suits and men's clothing organized to perfection. She only saw these in movies. Her search was futile.

His drawers were filled with asscesories and receipts of old payments he had made. Either he was a very private man or there was just nothing to report.

But it couldn't be so, the Remington name was a well respected name in the society, there definitely needed to be something interesting about him. Slamming his room door shut she headed to his office downstairs, a place she was sure to find some answers. Turning the knob, the door wasn't budging, it was locked.

She closed her eyes pouting. She was hoping her treasure hunt slash source of entertainment would produce results. Dragging her legs back to the couch, she laid upside down staring at the ceiling.

Maybe instead of doing nothing, she could go to the mall and just roam. She didn't remember the last time she had had time for herself. Heading back to her room, she wore a pair of jeans and sandals with an off-shoulders blue flowered top. Picking up a pair of shades from her brand new accessories, she descended the stairs placing her phone and the card he had given her in her cute purse.

Which one was hers again? The one with the golden borders?

As soon as she stepped out, she jumped. The unusual presence of two men in black posted just outside the doors startling her. Brows cocking in confusion, eyes flinting to the two men as they slowly moved closer to her. She questioned them warily.

"Is...there a problem gentlemen?"

"We've been ordered by big boss to follow you anytime you leave the building ma'am"

A frown marred her face as she placed her hands on her hips. "Why?"

They didn't answer immediately, glancing at each nervously. "Boss said...he didn't want you causing anymore trouble so we needed to watch you".