🍁Chapter 10

Waking up to realize your soul hadn't parted from the body after a traumatic experience was a wonder.

The human body shutting down when pain seemed to over ride the system was one of the many blessings the Creator endowed His creation.
But the aftermath was inevitable.

Luna felt pain everywhere.

Slowly sitting up, she realised that she was in their bedroom in her pajamas. The room where his mistress was forcibly occupying but currently not present. She quickly scrambled off the bed in disgust, the heavy covers that had tangled her legs caused her to fall on the ground as she tried to get away quickly.

Still on the ground, several meters away from the bed of infidelity she had crawled away from, Luna held her head in pain. She sat with her back against the wall and head between her knees. It was like a truck had run over her.

The approaching footsteps made her raise her head. Her eyes widen in fear as saw Zach open the door slowly, thinking she was still asleep. He was shirtless wearing boxers with blonde hair disheveled. It seemed that he had grown a stubble overnight and there were bags underneath his red eyes.

In short he looked messed up, but Luna knew she looked worse. He froze in his movement when he saw her sitting at the corner staring at him with no expression.

He walked towards hers holding a tray, taking one step at a time in order not to scare her. His heart dropped when Luna started crawling to the other side of the room.

"Luna....." He whispered in disbelief. She was trying to get away from him. He had done that to her.

Still on the floor, she shook her and croaked "please don't come near." She palmed her sore throat, of course she was not going to speak smoothly as he had strangled her last night.

Zach dropped to his knees, with tears streaming down his face. The tray was pushed aside with shaky hands.

"Luna, my love..... please I'm sorry, forgive me." He wailed.

She looked away from his sorrowful facade to stare outside. It would be around be mid day, the brightness of the sun rays bursting in their room and the lack of chirping birds that graced their window sill early in the morning said it all. At this point not even fact that she was trial by her boss moved her. She was paralyzed by fear and love.

The bottled up tears since she woke slowly started to drop one by one. Before she realised she was sobbing her bleeding heart out.

Zach crawled slowly towards her still crying.

Luna opened her eyes when she felt his arms engulfing her shaking frame. She tried pushing him to free herself from his grasp. But he continued to hold her rubbing her back gently.

With her final strength seeping away, she gave in to his embrace still crying. Zach pulled her into his laps, straddling him. She breathed in his familiar scent as she placed her chin on his shoulders, he had taken his bath.

"I love you Luna, I'm sorry" Zach continued to say, like a record on repeat.

If Luna had the strength she would have scoffed.

It had been a long time since she had seen this emotional side of him.

"Get me out of here" she whispered.

"What?" He pulled away to look at her face.

"Take me away from this room"

"Okay my love."

This wasn't the first and it certainly wouldn't be the last time.

★★★★★★★