Chapter 17

Luna couldn't feel her face. She woke up on the same floor she was beaten on. Her left eye was half closed and her head was seriously throbbing.

Crawling to the bathroom painfully, she realized it was dawn as the time read 2:35am. She wasn't surprised he had gone against everything he had been taught at his anger management class, but she was surprised this violent side of him hadn't been detected. He was trying to break her, but wasn't going to go down without a fight. Maybe she needed a divorce.

It seemed like the easier path to choose, he could build a family and career with his mistress. Imagine if she stayed, she would eventually feel like the other woman albeit she was the one he married.
Limping towards the shower, she didn't bother to look in the mirror.

She winced as the water poured her sensitive flesh, the white tiled floor tainted with red. She needed to go to the hospital, but she would be questioned on her injuries. It didn't look like Zach would feel some form of remorse this time round. She needed to leave. But where would she go? Her life had been planned in such a way it evolved round Zach. Everything, so didn't have a backup plan for when marriage failed her.

Her leaving would mean defeat and a fresh start, which sounded frightening. The fear of the unknown. She contemplated on these troubling thoughts, closing her eyes as the water sprinkled on her.

Shutting off the shower, she slowly walked to her closet, still passing by the huge mirror without a glance. She wasn't ready to face her current looks. It was too early. Selecting a long full sleeved dress, she wore it wincing anytime the fabric brushed against one of her many bruises.

She opened her door slowly, descending the dark staircase, it was still dawn and no one was awake. She fetched the first aid box in the lower cupboard and applied ointment and badges to her bruises. If this continued, she would need a bigger first aid box with more supplies. She made a quick sandwich and poured herself a glass of milk. She didn't even realize she was famished till she consumed her sandwich within seconds. She made two more. Taking the Tylenol bottle along with her snack, her drink, and pack of ice for her eye she climbed upstairs.

She ate and took some pills. She lay down thinking if she would still have a job when the day ended. She realised Zach had grabbed her suitcase and roughly unpacked her neatly arranged clothes, causing a mess in her wardrobe. Her was passport missing and her phone was no were to be found as she searched for it earlier on.

He was making sure she missed the seminar. How was she going to explain to big boss? Especially with a bruised face. She slowly drifted into sleep.

She woke up a few hours later to find Zach seated on besides her staring. Was he happy with what he saw?

He wore a suit and his hair was neatly combed. Raising his hand slowly towards her face, Luna turned away, her hair falling as a curtain shielding her eyes. She didn't want him anywhere near her, his touch disgusted her immensely.

Pausing midway him drew his hand back to his side, clenching his jaw.

"I'm leaving town for a few days, I might spend a week. You better be in this house when I get back! Your passport and phone are with me, I'm holding on to it."

When Luna didn't reply he sighed rubbing his temple in frustration. "I-I didn't mean for yesterday to happen" his eyes pleaded with her for her to understand.

"Something took over me. I told you, I told you I won't let you leave me for another man. I know I haven't been-"

"Leave!" Luna whispered sternly. She eyes firing up, she didn't want to hear his stupid excuses. She was tired of them.