🍁Chapter 5

It was raining heavily at seven am on a Wednesday morning. Luna loved when it rained, but today she didn't prefer this particular weather because it reflected her mood.

Aunty Flo had come to town. She was lucky that she had excess of the sanitary pad from her previous period. She woke up extra early and was thankful that she had not stained the bedsheets. Zach would have had a fit.

He returned from his trip last week feeling strangely elated for some reason unknown to her. They maintained their normal routine of ignoring each other.

She took a quick shower, wore a grey skirt that seemed too big and a white shirt that was extra large. She managed to tack the shirt in for it to appear a little bit normal. It was back to dressing like ugly Betty.

She grabbed her black jacket and an umbrella and headed for the bus stop.

It would have been great to have a car at this crucial time.

She alighted right Infront of Remington Corporation and decided to grab a latte at Starbucks down the street before entering the skyscraper. The weather demanded it.

"Oh no! why did you change?" Brian questioned her at the reception. He was the only security guard that was friendly and showered her with compliments whenever she came to work. He was blown away with her new look when she came in last week.

Luna laughed."Good morning to you too Brian. What? You like me when I dress sexy but not now?"

"You know you're beautiful not matter what you put on" he answered sheepishly.

"Thanks Brian, your words and this latte will hopefully brighten my morning"

"I sure hope it does, have a nice day at work today Luna" he said smiling.

"You too" Luna managed to catch the main elevator before it went up. She decided to go the Human Resource department before heading to her floor. She needed to know when the new CEO would arrive and if she would have to move to a different department.

Even with the dull weather, the HR department was buzzing with noise and the smell of coffee hit her. Employees in the HR department were known to be entertaining. It was weird how most extroverts ended up working in the HR department. It was no wonder, Mr. Khan liked visiting them when he was here.

And yes of course they had their own coffee machine and didn't have to wait in line at Starbucks like other people who had to have their morning coffee.

"Luna! I've missed you terribly" it was Cassie. She had just come out of the records room. "Please tell me you're coming back to HR!"

"Actually I came to speak with Pat about that" Pat was the current director of HR.

"Okay, I hope she says you can come back. We really miss you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed" she replied crossing her fingers.
Cassie was one of the first friends she made when she was first arrived.

"I hope she does too"

"Don't forget to pass by my office when leaving"

"Okay" Luna as she hugged Cassie and made her way to the director's office. She knocked on the wooden door and entered.
Pat looked up and smiled when she saw Luna.

She was an older lady with short brown hair and round spectacles. She had a stern face, but a kind heart to good people.
"Luna, come in and take a seat"

Her office had not changed at all. The same table, grey curtains and the big black couch at the back.

"I hope you doing great?" She asked, putting her pen down and removing her glasses.