🍁Chapter 15

"Over here girl!" Chloe's loud voice rose above the booming music.

She was dressed in a short sparkling peach dress and black high heels that had the straps wrapped all the way up to her thighs. She looked amazing.

  She was a contrast, still in her work clothes. If you wanted to dance to a live band and still eat amazing food, Randy's was your best choice. An all female band were currently on stage playing 'Pokerface' by Lady Gaga. Some people were already on the dance while others sat enjoying the food and drinks.

"Really? Did you have to do that?" Luna fumed as she dropped into the seat next to.

"What" she giggled."I thought I was giving you a boost"

"You humiliated me in front of my boss!"

Chloe shook her head in disagreement. "And practically told him you're available for a late night fuck. See the glass as half full not half empty."

"Oh my goodness" Luna mumbled. What did that even mean? There was no reasoning with her. Her mind resided on a different planet.

"What can I get you?"the young male asked with a pen in his left ready to write their order. They were too busy arguing they hadn't seen him.

Luna scanned through the menu that was on the table. "I'll have a-"

"A big dick!" Chloe interrupted.

Luna snapped her head towards Chloe who sat adjacent her still looking at the waiter who was blushing. Was she expecting him to write it down?!

"Chloe!" Luna whispered sternly.

She ignored her still talking to the waiter who seemed more interested in his shoes at this point. "She would like a large, thick-"

Luna slammed her hand on Chloe's mouth. "Just get us a bottle of Chardonnay"

The waiter quickly scurried away. Like he couldn't wait to disappear.

"Are you drunk?" Luna quizzed when she removed her hand. Chloe seemed extra bubbly tonight.

"No" she giggled." I'm high and drunk"

"Is that safe?"

"Stop being a mama bear and let loose for once!" Chloe stood shaking her body.

Luna laughed shaking her head.
"Guess who I saw today?"

"Hmmmm....is it somebody I know?"

"Yes"

"Er.... George from legal department?"

"No."

Chloe huffed pouting."Just tell me already!"

"Nathan Sanders"

Chloe frowned. "The guy who has had an enormous crush on you but is super quiet?"

"He doesn't have a crush on me!"

"He was never subtle about it, bringing you flowers, getting you coffee and trying to take you to dinner on two different occasions, keep telling yourself that!" She folded her arms glaring. Chloe had more than one occasion tried to prove to her that Nathan had a crush on her, but her friend was blinded by his quiet boy charade.

The next few hours was one of the best nights of her life. She rarely went out but when she did it was always with Zach and his group of nerd friends, who only spoke about business. She stopped going to his office parties a long time ago.

★★★★★★★

"Did you see that?" Chloe held her stomach laughing. "I can't believe that just happened!"