Chapter 2

"I think Zach is having an affair" Luna said to her best friend, Chloe.

She met Chloe at NYU  when she was a freshman studying public administration.  They had bumped into each other as they were  both trying to figure out their schedules with confused expressions  on their faces. Since then, they had been closer than sisters .

Chloe was an African American hailing from Chicago. She was taller than Luna by a few inches. Her long frizzy hair was tied in a bun like Luna. She was voluptuous and her extrovert character attracted a wide range of male company. She was a very understanding person and at times very blunt with no filter, and on countless occasions her sarcastic comments caused a lot trouble.

"Girl what do you mean your hubby cheating on you?" Chloe questioned with a frown on her face.

At the moment they were having lunch at a popular Mexican restaurant across the office where many employees from Remington Corps spent their lunch  breaks because the dishes were not only palatable, but affordable as well.

Chloe was having tacos while Luna was having a cheesy hamburger with a salad.

"He came home at 1am yesterday soaked in female perfume."

"That asshole!" Chloe shouted with food still in her mouth.

 Luna signed sadly. "I thought I was enough you know. Even though we spend little to no time together"

"Once an asshole, always an asshole!" She exclaimed.
"Bitch when was the last time he gave you dick?"

"Goodness Chloe!" Luna said placing her half eaten burger down. "We're in public, why on earth would you ask me that? " She glanced around, hoping no one was listening in on their conversation.

"Bitch just answer the question, okay!" Chloe snapped.

"Okay okay...let me see, definitely not this month."

"Shit! that bad. It's like I just asked the date for your last period" Chloe replied shocked. "And you know I know."

"We both just seem to be busy with our own lives I guess. Maybe if we spend more time together during the weekends, everything will be alright" Luna said quietly as if her positive thoughts could rectify the problem.

"Girl if he's not getting it from you, he's definitely getting it from somewhere." Chloe rolled her eyes.

Chloe had been dating an Italian investor for the past 6 months after several heartbreaks. Yes, even though she appears tough on the outside, she wanted to fall in love like any other girl, marry and have cute babies. At the moment, Nicholas fit that fairytale description. He was in his late thirties and had a twelve year old daughter from a one night stand that went wrong. Although they hadn't dated for very long, Luna knew he adored Chloe.

"Men can't wait to have sex, cause they need it bad. You should see the way Nicholas jumps on me as soon as he gets home." Chloe said grinning.
"But that also doesn't mean you have to jump into conclusion. You need to ask him" she added on softly. It was like their discussion had ruined their appetite as no one was eating any longer.

"I tried to talk with him but but he just brushed me off"

"Why don't you wear that red lingerie I bought for you bought at Victoria's secret last week? "Chloe grinned. 

"Seduction, really?"

"Bitch you gotta try something".

Luna was an introvert during her high school days and had only two friends, Sydney and Melanie. She lost their contact when she went to college. They protected her from threats like Jolene, the queen bitch that tried to make her life a living hell.