Chapter 3: Fading

Midoriya Izuku fought a yawn as he meddled with his bangs. They had grown longer over the past few days, nearly breaching the view from his right eye. Though, he couldn't worry about that as he hopped on one leg, trying to pull his shoe onto his foot. A slip that almost spelled his painful downfall, but the wall became a makeshift crutch. "Ugh, I can't believe I overslept...!" Such an act was a chaotic endeavor that the young teen rarely encountered, so panic quickly became the set mood of the morning. Luckily, with his shoes on, he only needed to put his hat on and strap on his bookbag. "Or was it a cap...? What's the difference...?" He wasn't really sure. Luckily, this confusion did not impede his process out the door and onwards.

Though, Kaminari did, as his mere presence caused enough shock to freeze the Quirkless stiff. Kaminari stood before the swing door, a mid-step down the path towards the far staircase. He wore the Shiketsu uniform—hat/cap and all. Surprise painted his face, before a sense of recognition, then shock, and then, a smile. "Woah!" He laughed, "Midori!? Dude!" He shook his head, "I can't believe it! Who knew we were neighbors this whole time?" He chuckled, adjusting the bag on his shoulder, "Small world..."

Small indeed, "H-Hey, Kaminari?" He tried to blink the utter confusion from his face, "I... I didn't know we were neighbors." And to be fair, he didn't even know he had a neighbor. "Or does that make it worse...?"

"How did we never run into each other?" questioned the taller of the two.

Izuku rubbed the back of his neck as they both walked down the path towards the staircase, "W-Well, I usually wake up long before now."

"Huh? Why? School's like ten minutes away."

"I... I just like getting there early, I guess."

"And I usually head straight to work after school. Huh..." Kaminari tilted his head, "Wait, you like heading there early, really?"

"Y-Yeah?" His mind commented, "Why is that so confusing...?"

"I mean... what do you do?"

"I sit... at my desk."

A blink, "Just that?" As they turned down the sidewalk, a question followed, "I mean, you don't meet up with anybody? Or anything like that?"

Izuku's eyes narrowed for a brief moment before shaking his head, "No, not really."

"Huh..." Kaminari shook his head, shrugging, "To each their own I guess, but... School is school, ya know?" He slumped his shoulders and dragged his feet, acting out a strange voice, "Always seems to drag on." Izuku just stared at the blond. The noise of a woosh, seemingly, whistled over his head. Kaminari straightened, coughing into his hand, "Well, uh..."

"Have you ever thought about getting piercings?" posed Kaminari, scratching his cheek and looking elsewhere.

"Piercings?" Izuku shook his head, "Uh... No, not really."

The blond smiled, "That's too bad... Uh..." He looked at Izuku for a moment before seeming to ponder, "Actually, you know what?" He tapped his chin with a digit, "You'd probably look good in the simple stuff. Like just a stud or something. Or maybe a ring if you're up for it."

Izuku meddled with a lock of his hair, "Y-You think so...?" His mind fired, "Is he joking...?"

The blond nodded, "Yeah. Punk is a great look. Especially in this area." He smirked, nudging the other with his elbow, "Probably make you stick out for the ladies." He crossed his arms, "You know, I always wanted to get my ears pierced, but I got so nervous when I finally got a chance to do it that I electrocuted the lady doing it." He chuckled, "Nicked my ear when she pulled away."