Chapter 14: New Faces in New Places

Midoriya Izuku locked the white gauntlet into place on his left arm. That system was an exact copy of the interlocking mechanism made for the Stein Gauntlet. There was a new click, however, signaling the direct connection to the unique system within his bulky glove. He then stood from his stool, feeling the new suit finally mold to his form. What he wore was similar to a professional motorist's jumpsuit – colored in black and white. Though, it had its fair share of modifications. Heavier padding made up of a plastic-metal polymer were added to his shoulders, elbows, and knees. The rubber-like material itself was chosen to relieve tension and allow for a greater ease of movement. And of course, there was his grappling system – his 'Maneuver Belt'. "A terrible name..." It interlocked with a system of straps that were integrated into the suit itself.

The belt lacked any wiring, hooks, and most importantly, pressurized gas. "That was for later..." He tapped his left index finger against his palm, causing the left grapple to click. His pinky met his palm and caused the right grapple to click. Lastly, he brought his middle and ring fingers to his palm which led to the empty spools to spin in reverse. "Control system operational."

Okuma called out, "Hey, looking cool, Midori."

"Hm?" Izuku blinked at the compliment, looking down at himself before shrugging, "If you think so."

Uemura commented, walking alongside Okuma, "You'd look better in green though."

He laughed, "With that War-Hammer, you really plan on going all in, huh?"

"I'm not sure what you mean," replied Izuku,

"Dude, I'm not getting down and dirty with those guys – are you kidding me?" He shook his head, "I made an illusion projector. I'm gonna tuck away in a corner and let them duke it out. I'll repair the gear if they can make it back to me, but I'm not gonna fight."

Uemura shook her head, "Yeah, I did not take the Support Course to fight Heroes – I'd get wiped out."

"Yeah, these guys have been training for that."

Izuku shrugged, "Well, I'm pretty sure everyone's weak to a big metal stick."

Okuma laughed, "Geez, that's terrifying dude. If you come anywhere near me, I'll forfeit right then."

Uemura rolled her eyes, "Only then? I'll forfeit before the match even starts. We're only getting graded on how our gear works – not how we perform."

"They're right... Maybe I'm overstepping my bounds here..." thought Izuku as they walked off.

"Mr. Midoriya, a moment," called Mr. Abraham from his desk.

"Of course, sir," said Izuku as he moseyed over.

Mr. Abraham lifted a piece of paper with a smile, "I wanted to present you with this."

"Hm?" He read the paper before him, "A Field Support Internship?"

He nodded, "Its selection isn't as expansive as the normal Support Course internship nor the Hero Course. However, I do believe it is an avenue worth looking into."

"You're handing these out? Why not pass them out?"

Mr. Abraham tapped his pen against the desk, "Not everyone is interested. I thought I'd let everyone choose individually. Answer specific questions or anything of the sort." He straightened in his seat, "To start, you will receive the same educational credits as your normal internship. The only difference is that instead of interacting with a Support Company, you'll be meeting with a Hero Agency."

"I see."

"Of course, it isn't locked in position. Over the course of the year, we will have more internships and work-studies. You may select between the Support Course selection or the Field Support."