Chapter 39: Prudent Lessons

In all honesty, bringing Midoriya to Kamui Woods' agency made Yu feel like she was dropping a kid off at daycare. She signed in at the front desk and got a visitor pass for herself and the kid. She was then led to where Kamui was while Midoriya was led into the gym where his friends were. "I'm still too young to have kids..." she thought as she was met by Kamui near a cubical-lined area.

"Welcome in," he said. "The way over wasn't too much trouble?"

Yu shrugged, "I just had the van drop us off a block away."

"Hm." Kamui handed a tablet back to one of his office workers. "Death-Arms is in the area, so he'll be handling my patrol."

She nodded before scratching her cheek. "Do you think the statement will go over well?"

"There'll always be people who have a problem with us when we complain about bad media." His eyes rolled, "We're celebrities – we ask for it."

"Complete bull," grumbled Yu.

Kamui chuckled, "And people wonder why I wear a mask."

"That's why?"

"Not the sole reason." They walked around a corner and found themselves standing in a lounge. One of the walls of said lounge was a glass-pane that showed the internal gym. "Having privacy in my personal life is just a bonus, really." The 'gym' was large, encompassing a great deal of the ground floor. Its ceiling extended well past the one above their heads. There was a section dedicated to the standard gym equipment she expected, but most of it was an open space.

"Wish I thought of that... A mask leaves an air of mysteriousness... Would've worked out for me, I think..." she thought. "Also... What the hell is this agency...! He has a lounge and an entire gym...!? I was expecting it to be like a normal looking space..." Her gaze shifted towards the distant ceiling. "He must swing around in there..." She kept the building sense of jealousy and disappointment in. "This is the difference between a patrolling Hero and an on-call one, huh...?"

"There they are."

"You have a lot of sidekicks?"

"No, mostly office workers." He shrugged, "Most people can't maneuver how I do, so the program usually falls through pretty often. Students are easier. I keep my feet on the ground. Lecture and teach. Haven't had anyone come back for a work-study." He jerked his chin at the students below. "He's your first sidekick, right?"

"Yep..." She blew raspberries as she leaned over the railing. "Am I even doing this right?"

Kamui chuckled.

Yu blinked, standing straighter. "W-What?"

"You're doing fine. It's a learning curve for both of you. He learns how to, well, Hero while you learn how to support someone else. Which is fairly difficult in our line of work." He chuckled again. "You'll realize that it's so much easier to save people."

"Heh... Probably," muttered Yu. Her gaze drifted downward once more. "So, what's the plan for them?"

Kamui nodded, "I was planning on working with Midoriya and Shinso about their maneuvering, but I was hoping you could speak to Ashido."

"Me? Why?"

"Well, you know a thing or two about property damage."

For a moment, her eyes narrowed at the comment, but she forced it away. "He wouldn't know..." she thought.

"There's an amount of precision that you require when you have a Quirk like hers and yours," he said. "It's not a problem that I'm familiar with." He shrugged, "Though, your advisement may be more thought than practice."