Chapter 30: Hit Stereotypes with a Bat

Samuel Abraham stood before the class, speaking loud to get their attention, "Your internships are near, dear students." He leaned against his podium, "Nineteen of you have opted for the Support Camp Internship while one of you have opted for the Field Support Study."

"Yep, the crazy one," murmured a voice.

Another replied back, "The Hero Killer's given him a hell of an ego-boost, huh?"

"Quirkless idiot thinks he can be a Hero," was spat.

With a tremble in his voice, Fujimori muttered, "I-I think it's cool."

"Enough," called Samuel, scowling. "Don't insult your classmate – completely inappropriate behavior. You can agree or disagree on whether that'll harm you professionally in the future. However, the fact is that it harms you now."

The class dipped into silence for a moment, "..."

Samuel sighed, setting papers on his podium, "We'll continue this discussion in the workshop." He crossed his arms, "Gather your things; you're dismissed and we shall meet in five minutes at the door." He pushed out a cough, "Except for you, Mr. Midoriya."

Midoriya murmured to himself, "Okay?" As the rest of his classmates left, he found himself standing before his teacher. "Mr. Abraham?"

"This is a pass into the Danger-Room," Samuel said, offering a metal card.

"Zone," corrected Midoriya.

"Shush."

"What's this for?" asked Midoriya.

Samuel nodded, "You will not be in the workshop today."

"Hm?"

Samuel explained, "I contacted Mr. Haimawari a few days ago – I understand that you had already begun some lessons with Mr. Shinso."

"Y-Yeah, is that bad?"

A laugh and the shake of a head followed, "No, actually, I wanted to say you beat me to the punch. You'll be continuing those lessons, officially. With the Hero Course students."

Midoriya was taken aback, "R-Really?"

"It's the best way to get you ready," said Samuel. "I understand Mount-Lady is in a low-crime area, but I wanted to make sure you were ready."

Midoriya's eyes widened, staring at the card, "Wow, thanks..." He murmured, "With the other Hero Course students, huh...?" He paused for a moment, "Have... Have you contacted my Mom about this?"

Samuel's eyes widened as his hand smacked his forehead, "Oh... No, actually." He laughed at himself, "Quite irresponsible of me, I'm so sorry. I'll fix that immediately."

Midoriya shook his head, "N-No, no, no. Let me – considering how sudden this is it might be best if I tell her. I didn't tell her about the sparring lessons either, so... you know."

Samuel cringed, "Um... I'm not entirely..." He tapped his tip for a moment before sighing, "Well, sure. I'll let you contact her first and then make my own call. How's that?"

"Perfect," said Midoriya before he thought for a moment, "Hm..."

"Is something wrong?"

Midoriya looked back to his desk, "N-No... I was just thinking..." He pulled it open, fishing out a notebook, before closing his desk, "Since I'm gonna be near the Hero Course, I thought..."

"That notebook's been through it..." commented Samuel. "Are those—are those burn-marks?"

Midoriya flipped through it, leaning on his desk, "Hm..."