Chapter 7: Study

Midoriya Izuku sucked air through his teeth as he lifted his form. The wooden beam that supported his ceiling creaked slightly in response. When the aching sensation began to mix with a burning feeling, he slowly let himself hang in the air. His bare feet thudded against his floor. "When did I start doing this...?" he pondered. His hand reached back, tugging at the hair-tie. The tight rattail was turned loose as he plopped himself onto his bed. "Some time after that day for sure... Because I read that exercising..." His gaze dropped, swiping a bottle of water from the foot of his bed. "Does it work...?" He held the cold container against his forehead. A sigh escaped his mouth as he opened the bottle. "No, not really..." While he was mid-swig, he noticed a shadow pass by his window before a series of knocks wrapped against his door.

Izuku pushed himself onto his feet, ignoring the slight ache in his legs. He pulled open the door and found a familiar blond standing before him. "Kaminari?"

"Midori! I need your help!"

Izuku pushed open the door further, stepping forward, "O-Okay, what's wrong?"

"I-don't-know-where-my-Hero-History-textbook-is-we're-having-a-cram-session-and-our-first-exam-is-tomorrow!"

"Missing H.H. textbook, Cram session, Midterm..." A nod followed, "Okay, I can lend you mine."

Kaminari let out a breath of relief, "Oh, thanks, man." He sniffed the air; face, contorting, "Have you been working out? You reek."

Izuku felt a pang of embarrassment shoot through his system. A blush formed on his face while a shot of adrenaline plunged into his arms. Now, once upon a time, he would've wrapped his arms around his head to cover his face and hide his embarrassment. However, his hand was on the edge of his door... So, he slammed it shut, right in Kaminari's face. Around five seconds had passed before Izuku's brain caught up. "Crap..." He pulled open the door, spotting a more sheepish blond beyond it.

Izuku coughed, "I'll get it to you in a minute."

"Y-Yeah, no problem. Sorry about that," muttered Kaminari, rubbing the back of his neck.

"No, don't... uh..." He took a step back, turning into his apartment, "I'll grab it for you."

"Cool..." Kaminari clapped his hands together, "Uh, actually, I was hoping I could ask for your help? If it isn't much, um..." He shook his head, "We're all kinda struggling..."

"W-Why me?" questioned Izuku.

Kaminari seemed surprised, "You're like in the Support Course... Must mean you're pretty smart..."

"I'm... not that..." He noticed Kaminari deflate before he pushed out a cough, "I'll be right over."

"Cool! I'll tell the others!" He gave a thumbs-up as he rushed back to his apartment, "Thanks, Midori!"

Izuku rubbed his temples after he closed his door. "Socializing... so much fun..." He felt a particular vein pulse just under his hairline as his stomach turned. "God, I wish I could redo that..." He turned back into his apartment, and after a quick shower, a change of clothing, and a swipe of his bag, Izuku found himself before his neighbor's door.

A solid knock was followed by tumbling footsteps before it was swung open by Kaminari. "Midori!"

"Hero History?" offered Izuku, holding up the book.

Kaminari took it with vigor, dancing with it, "Woo! Thanks, man!" He chuckled, pushing open the door, "Come on in!" Izuku nodded, offering a pardon for his intrusion as he made his way into the apartment. It was almost a carbon copy of Izuku's, but with a lot more personality. Different types of shoes laid upon a rack next to the door, presumably all Kaminari's. There was a surprising number of hats hanging from hooks on the wall above his small sofa. A sofa that had a leopard-print pattern on it. Finally, a round wooden table was in the center of the room, surrounded by familiar faces.