Chapter 29: What'll Suit Me

Midoriya Izuku clipped the last panel into place on the helmet. The design's base was much like a motorcyclist's, but perfectly sculpted to the measurements of his head. Though, its visor had a great deal of difference as well. It was thicker to hold the LED display that he had programmed last night. "Thank god the school let me put in that requisition order... Honestly surprised they let me..." He lifted the helmet, looking within. The sensors were in just the right place to lay on his forehead while a chip was fitted to lay just atop his ear. "If I did this right, they should be able to read my brainwaves to display all those images I made on the visor..."

Izuku meddled with his hair, slicking it back before slipping the helmet onto his head. His thumb pressed a switch just by his right ear that clicked; causing the circular discs atop his ears to spin. The panels were pulled into place by a wire system and locked into place with a hiss. He then clicked a switch by his left ear which brought the visor to life. The neutral display was a pair of orbs where his eyes should be. He walked over to his laptop before taking the USB cable from it. He pulled on the left disc, having the whole section slip out and unveiling a port for it.

As a few seconds passed, the 'eyes' would blink. "Hm..." His head tilted as he examined the sensors' data, "I can reprogram what already exists, but if I can't make sense of this information, I can't really make it my own..." As his mind tried to relate the data to the display, a new image of a buffering circle played upon the visor. A chuckle escaped his own lips before he ejected the USB from his laptop. "At least it's accurate..." he muttered as the display reverted to its neutral display.

"Aw, that's kinda neat," said a passing Uemura.

Okuma commented, "Bit too cutesy, don't ya think?"

The display became two flat rectangles over his eyes.

"That's pretty funny," she said.

He murmured, "Heart on his sleeve, though... Jeez, didn't mean to annoy the guy..."

Izuku cursed underneath his breath before switching off the display.

"I see you've finally made that helmet, Mr. Midoriya."

"Yeah... I haven't seen if it actually does its job though..." he replied as he fished out Mashi.

Mr. Abraham let out a cough, "Excuse me, I'm a bit parched," before he pulled out a water bottle from his apron.

Izuku braced himself, rearing Mashi back, "Hi..." The bat smacked him in the visor of his own volition, "YAH!" His head flicked back before his hand went to his head, groaning, "Aw, fuck!"

Water rushed out of Abraham's nose before fell into a coughing fit.

Izuku fell into a crouch, "I don't know if that means it works or it doesn't!" He grunted, "Does it work?"

Mr. Abraham continued to cough - not answering his question.

-XXX-

Kyoka took a deep breath as she sat on one of the locker room's benches. She had Orpheus in her lap; her calloused fingertips brushing across the strings. She fidgeted for a moment before blowing raspberries and shook her head. One of her jacks then slotted into Orpheus before the other plugged into her cowl. With a slight twist, she heard the speaker on her chest hum to life. Holding another breath in, she held a note and strummed. The vibrations traveled up her jack, rumbling through her spine before moving through the other. A thrum rumbled from her chest; echoed throughout the room.

She shivered, rolling her shoulders. A cough before she steadied her hands again. She held a single note and began alternating her strumming. Her hand on the neck slid along and back, shifting the tune. The reverberations traveled through her, shaking her spine and rumbling her heart. It made her hand slip and her finger twitch the wrong way.