Chapter 18: We Interrupt This Broadcast

AN: So, I'm putting my notes at the beginning of this chapter to sort of preserve its ending. This is the finale of Compulsion Season 1. There will be an epilogue chapter in which I will deep dive into the Season as well as any responses I get from this chapter.

I'm nervous. I've been building up to this through mundane slice of life all to make, hopefully, this chapter more impactful. You'll see how well it worked. It wasn't supposed to take this long, I swear. Both story length as well as writing it. Well, I gotta take what happens next on the chin.

With that, thank you for sticking around for so long, for reading, and please criticize away!

Update Window: February 20th - February 30th

Intended Due Date: February 20th - 25th

-\ XXX /-

"So, Stein-Gauntlet's out of the picture, huh?" echoed Shinso.

"Y-Yeah," confirmed Kaminari Denki, rubbing the back of his neck. "Sorry, guys." Denki's skin felt like it was on fire – each nerve firing off randomly. Midoriya was off, doing something that could net them both in more trouble than ever before. It was too late for him to regret going along with it, but here he was, doing so. It was a good idea, and for his benefit, too. But if Midoriya got caught, or if he – like he does – stuck his own foot in his mouth in front of a teacher, the amount of trouble they'd be in...

"Kaminari," said Yaoyorozu, "are you listening?"

He waved her off automatically, "Y-Yeah!" before backpedaling, "N-No..." He sighed, "Sorry, stressing out a bit." He forced a chuckle, "But, what am I stressing out for anyway?" He put his hands on his hips, "We totally got this, right?"

"Yeah, that's the spirit!" cried Ashido.

"It would help if you listened," scolded Jirou.

Shinso nodded, "Just a bit."

"R-Right, sorry, Yaoyorozu, go ahead."

Yaoyorozu nodded, "Well, our team is dramatically efficient on people to people conflict. Kaminari and Ashido's Quirk will be very useful against groups of enemies. With Jirou's Items, she can add to that." She gestured, "Shinso provides a safety net and my Quirk should be able to ensure our strategy. Our best bet is to utilize Ashido's Quirk as a trap to keep enemy teams away from us. Jirou and Kaminari will be our main offensive ability. Jirou's Items allow her to 'stun' our attackers before Kaminari electrocutes them." She turned, "I believe, there is a limited amount of times we can do this."

Denki nodded with a smirk, "It takes up to fifty thousand volts for someone to be completely affected. It's a big-ass number that can nails any and all body types."

Shinso added, "Million volts is when you start—"

"Whey~," acted out Ashido.

Jirou did her best to hold herself together, "Pfft!"

"Oi."

Yaoyorozu pondered for a moment, "So... Twenty uses."

"It is indiscriminate, though," said Shinso.

Denki deflated, "Y-Yeah... My Quirk isn't that good with friends..."

"Leave that to me." Yaoyorozu smiled, "I can create a blanket lined with insulating material."

Shinso nudged Denki, "Hey, looks like you can really show off for once."

"Yeah."

Ashido nodded, "Ooh, I can melt the ground. Jirou can pop their eardrums and Kaminari can fry them."