Chapter 25: Getting Ready for a Bash

The mannequin's panels hissed and shifted as they moved to mimic Jirou's figure. Once each one locked into place, Izuku wrapped her Hero Costume atop of it. The base top was basic – only meant to separate skin from the vest. The vest itself mimicked a military parader's, but with an obvious speaker that laid across its chest. It was segmented to allow for movement while connected by wires that were weaved into the cloth. It also held something similar to epaulets on its shoulders, but the clear slots for audio jacks made their use clear. Belt held a skirt for aesthetic, and the pants weren't anything special. Lastly, there were her boots – fit for combat but rode a little higher to make room for the speakers on their front.

Izuku took a step back, "I can't critique the design too heavily... Though, it does lack protective wear overall..." He shrugged, "I'll have to see if she wants any additions..." He connected one of the epaulets to his laptop, "What I mainly need is wireless signal's frequency..." He began to identify the frequency, "What's a weapon that would benefit Jirou's style and Quirk...?"

He rubbed his chin, stepping back to the costume, "I guess her look is... punk, right?" He scratched his head, "Am I only guessing that because of the skirt...? Maybe the vest, too...?" He stretched, "Well, her Quirk does have a lot to do with sound... Sound and Punk, huh...?" He tilted his head, "To make it a Support Arm..." Izuku's gaze caught something in the corner of his eye – an old project... "Well, axe is another word for a guitar..."

-XXX-

Midoriya: "Swing by workshop before lunch?"

Jirou: "Sure"

_____________________________________

Jirou Kyoka was curious – it was partially why she agreed to let Midoriya access her costume. She had a basic make of the guy. He seemed normal: reserved but friendly enough. Though, her opinion had shifted since the Sports Festival – from guilt, to shock, to nearly grieving over him. Then, after all was said and done, he was acting like it barely dented him. She assumed that whatever he was making was his first project since he came back. Questions like "What was he going to make?", and "How would it turn out?", danced in her mind.

With lunchtime called, the heavy metal doors were left propped open as students exited. Kyoka wormed her way through the passerby and within. She peeked about the room and found a certain mop of green hair. He was leaning back in a chair, staring at the running plasma cutter. He was covered from neck to ankle in a thick, baggy jumpsuit with a leather apron atop it. Thick gloves were worn while a welding mask was strapped into place – left a puff of green hair off the back of his head. The lax way he sat made her think he was hypnotized by the sparks and concentrated light.

She stepped up behind him, mindful of the distance between her and the plasma cutter, "Yo, Midoriya?"

His head hung over the back of the chair, causing the mask to fall from his face, "Ah, hey..." He turned out of his chair, beckoning her to follow as he moved towards a workstation. "Thanks for coming in before lunch – I won't hold us up for too long." He stripped off his apron, mask, and gloves, "Thought I'd show you some of the progress I made." He unzipped his jumpsuit, pulling his top down and tying its sleeves around his waist. "Which isn't a lot, mind you – starting on a proof of concept."

He was wearing a tank-top underneath – like a normal person, of course. Though, her eyes couldn't but wander a bit. He was a lot more muscular than she thought, and not the lean kind, leaning more towards bulky. It wasn't something was piquing her interest or something – it was just weird or maybe just unexpected.

"Everything... okay?" asked Midoriya with a tilt of his head.

Her face flushed, forcing a cough, "H-Huh, uh..."