Chapter 21: The Legacy of Tragedy

Principal Ikoma, Dr. Yaritezawa, and Samuel Abraham had left school grounds today. Midoriya Izuku was alive, awake, and recovering. He also needed a talking to. Dr. Yaritezawa was especially certain of that; concern mixed with pride. He was her patient after all. Principal Ikoma was in talks crossing between the School Board, the police, and the media – doing her best to maintain a struggling peace between the three. Each one concerned about the boy for both altruistic reasons and selfish ones. Samuel was here much for the same reasons as both. Midoriya was his student and his responsibility – his actions, Samuel had to justify before his superiors. It was a necessity, he knew that, but he couldn't deny that... weight.

They knew the gist of what happened. Midoriya was off to recollect a Support Item, encountered Stain attacking Ingenium, fought off Stain, and nearly died in the process. And now, they had to decided whether or not to punish him for that.

It left a bad taste in his mouth. Midoriya nearly died – did die, but he survived, just barely. Now, in spite of the inarguable good deed, Midoriya had to be examined and interrogated. With the pressure of external voices, Shiketsu had to form an opinion on the boy and his actions. The media had already portrayed him as a Hero from what little they've gathered. The police haven't formed an opinion, and the Board... Well, the whole reason the media embargo exists was to keep Shiketsu's name private. For the elite who made it in, not for the public – all about the air of elegance and upper class. Now, its name was being plastered on news articles and TV screens. That being said, they aren't too happy.

The three staff members were led to the patient's room by a nurse. They were asked to wait as it seemed someone else was visiting, and judging by the fact that Iida Tensei was standing outside of the room, it was mostly likely Ingenium's family was visiting. Though, for some reason, Tensei was standing out of view – only occasionally peeking in.

"Tensei?"

Tensei blinked, turning to the trio, "Samuel?"

Dr. Yaritezawa blinked, "Oh, you know each other."

"The Iida Family's long-standing donors to I-Island," explained Samuel. "We've met professionally."

Tensei tried to sneak past the open doorway, "Excuse me..." He stepped towards them, looking towards Samuel, "What're you doing here?"

He coughed, "Well, I left I-Island to take up teaching. Shiketsu."

"The school that Midoriya attends..."

"Yes..."

Tensei looked between the three, taking a step back, "He... He isn't in trouble, is he?"

Principal Ikoma stepped forward, "Sir, I'm sorry to say that is a conversation between ourselves and the Midoriyas."

"He didn't do anything wrong."

"No one is saying that he has. The police have their report and we must have our own," Ikoma said. "Sadly, we have superiors to report to – ones with many questions. Which I can't answer only knowing one side of things."

"Then... for what it's worth, he saved my life."

"And I can assure you that that speaks volumes."

"THANK YOU SO MUCH!" cried a young man's voice from within the room..

Izuku's voice flowed after, shaking, "I-I-It's r-really no p-problem!"

The four shifted their positions, allowing them to look within the room. A square-ish-looking teen was shaking the hand of the green-haired student. Izuku was sat on the edge of the hospital bed; towered over by the visitor. And, he looked... distressed, and judging by the flush on his face, he was quite embarrassed. The square-ish one was crying, "So... Hero-like..." The hand-shaking intensified, "THANK YOU!"