Chapter Two

Chapter Two

FLASHBACK

It was half past 5 and Gloria sat on her bed with a book in hand. Ridiculous because of the stupid game show that occurred a few days ago. Yes, a few days ago, but she is still sitting on her bed, all grumpy and sad. It was a game of color cards with her friends she use to meet always. She never really liked them because of the way they talked. It was all about their accents that she was unable to understand.

When she was playing all good for a few minutes with her so-called friends, one of the blonde girls decided to throw her out of the group because she couldn't understand what they were saying and shouting while dodging. Nobody should get her wrong. It's not her fault that she was always late in understanding an accent she wasn't used to listening to.

It was at some of her father's friends' houses. And the stupid girl that ruined her mood was her father's friend whom she respectfully called "The Twisted Psycho." nicely quite vulgar for a small girl like her but she couldn't help it. That guy somehow always took his daughter's side whenever there was a problem.

These were a few reasons why she hated socializing with kids her age or older than her. It always made her shut her mouth if someone wanted to continue a conversation she didn't want to continue. She use to quietly walk away which people didn't appreciate but she could care less.

Until a boy whom she was scared of came with black clothing and a priceless smile that didn't take moment to steal her small heart.

She was younger than him but he was a lot bigger than his age.

And all she could think of was the new friend she made who was named Xinlong. His name was hard for her to pronounce so she just cut it short and named him, LongLong.

The book she was currently reading was slowly falling from her hand as she drifted on the lap of sleep but before she fell off of the sofa, a strong manly hand caught hold of her petite figure.

She got startled and looked up to find Dervish. Her bodyguard alongside the only person she spent most of her time with. He was her bodyguard. She didn't know why she needed him.

He had her responsibility ever since she could remember. He was a huge part of her life and the carrier of her secrets. She even told him about Xinlong.

He knew very well about Xinlong but decided not to meddle and ruin the small happiness she was getting from him. Dervish knew that Gloria was a girl who wasn't able to make many friends and she felt lonely. He tried to keep Xinlong away from her knowing the consequences it would lead to if their parents got to know, but once he stared at her finally smiling at a person with her bunny smile, he lost it.

He held her close and put her back on the sofa, smiling.

"Should we sleep on the bed or we're looking for a body ache?" Dervish asked her while slowly removing his hands but still keeping her close. She can fall anytime. She didn't sleep last night because her books were all read and there was no more story for bedtime.

"I feel weird," she said while patting her shoulders. "I'll sleep later. But what are these sounds that are coming from outside? Are there fireworks?"

His smile slowly started to fade away when he heard her say that. He was speechless. No answers were bubbling in his tummy. He kept quiet but decided to drive the topic, nevertheless.