Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

40 minutes ago..
Gloria's P.O.V

Totally shocked by her crazy words that made no sense to me, I stood up. goosebumps appeared on my skin by the words she just spat. What does she mean by two-timer? Is Xinlong cheating on me? It can never be, right? She is talking about something else but l still needed her to continue.

She smirked while pulling me back to the seat and l stayed still. She looked at me with an unreadable expression while she said "He is not someone who you think he is."

Why so much complications were appearing? I just wanted to know the truth about the cold walls that were between me and him.

"I am pretty sure, you know about the time when Xinlong was in US." I attentively let her continue.

"I was in the US then too. He was someone very close to me."

Close can be meant for friends too, l assumed.

"He was the most quietest and the most mysterious of the boys ever! He had these cold eyes and dark hair when l met him. His voice deep and fingers very long. I remembered each and every small detail about him. He wasn't selfish nor caring. He was just a 13 year old boy who had nothing but the wish of being free."

Her words made sense but it was nonsense.

"At every Tuesday, he went to the riverside and looked at the sky full of stars. As if he prayed for those star filled black ocean to suck him up there. He always waited for something. I didn't know what it was but I tried-- I tried to get to know him better. I wanted to know and grant his wishes."

She suddenly scoffed and said "Only if l knew what he was asking for was something l would never be able to give him." While looking at me.

She definitely saw my confused eyes and l realize that now her emotionless eyes sparked a little bit of anger.

"I tried to get closer to him and he let me. I went closer and closer and closer and was suddenly in his arms. He hugged me while burying his face in my chest. I let him let out his emotions which were inevitable."

My lips parted and cheeks burned. Her words were nothing but some stabs in my heart. Did he really--

"I though l was the only one who understood his pain but no. One day he told me about a girl named Gloria, Gloria Torsney. He described her as the only person who could take those empty places in his heart, in which l had no power to go in."

Her tears started dropping and while she bit her lips, I felt wet in my cheeks by the words she was saying. I didn't know wether l should be happy for myself or sad for her. Xinlong found comfort with her in that foreign country. I was thankful to her until she continued.

"I loved him but forgot that l had no place in his heart. The moon was red and the night was blacker than ink, the ocean was silent and the time was stopped when he confessed his love for you to me. I had my world fall apart. But then again l realized, there was no longer any chance of me getting even a half of what you own, Gloria." Her eyes glistened as the sun was setting. The sky above us was mixed with orange and blue, and l felt nothing.

Her words were filled with happiness, sadness and anger. I could feel it. If l was in her place then l would feel the same way.

"Why did you said Xinlong was a two-timer?" I whispered as my voice was unable to gather energy. She chuckled and looked at me again. Her feet stopped tapping on the floor as her shoulder sinked down.

"It's because he is such a masterpiece that he stole mine and your heart, Gloria. He took away my pride and l was on my knees for him. Suddenly l saw something in him that l didn't expect."

"What did you see?" My voice the lowest, l asked.

"I saw the real him. His heart filled with love that was crushed by his surroundings. The way he cared not only about you but almost everyone that didn't hurt him."

She suddenly took my hand in hers and said "He is an angel, Gloria. Don't hurt him. He is not strong enough to put himself back together. It's only you, and not me." Leaving my hand she continued "Maybe I didn't had any place in his heart, maybe he broke me apart but still he is the one who was broken first."

She was right. I know Xinlong very well, but she seems to know him even more then l do. In any way, I wasn't to disrespect her. She gave Xinlong something that he needed the most when needed, company. If l was there in the US I would do the same. She did the whole thing in my favor and in return she got nothing but a broken heart. I feel like my fire of curiosity has washed off by her generosity. I should be thankful to her but first and foremost I want to know the reason of her saying all this to me.

As l opened my mouth to speak she said "Maybe you are willing to know the reason of me saying all this to you, right?" She is not only nice but also a mind reader. I nodded my head as she smiled. Her smile was calming then ever. Her eyes were sincere. The details in her figure was like this-- she had brown hazel eyes and her lips were the brightest shade of pink. Her lips were almost like they were two pieces of cherry. She was a lot more pretty than me and her cheekbones were lifted that shaped her face very well. She can be mistaken as a model very easily.

"It's because l wanted you to know how precious your partner is. Xinlong is someone who deserves to be treated like a hidden gem. Please don't break his heart." She begged.

At this point, l kept wondering if she confessed her love for him or not.

"Did you confess your feelings about him?"
"Yes, once l did. But l wasn't expecting him to take my feelings but l was expecting him to get up and leave which he did. The reason was you and l knew that." She said.

I felt rage, pure rage. He couldn't just walk away from her like that. After all she did for him, the only thing he did for her was walk away when she confessed her love to him? He shouldn't be a jerk.

"I will confront him." I said.
"You don't have to."
"I will."

I said and proceeded to get up from the bench. I signaled Mr. Lee as he came forward. I made my way in front of her and said "Thank you for informing me about this. I'll get going now."

She nodded her head and made my way to the car. But from the glass of Mr. Lee l saw her wipe away those tears and smirk. She put her hands on the back of the bench and smirked, Suddenly there was a evil expression on her face.

My assumings can never be correct and l don't think she had any other motive in that conversation. I casually wiped away the thoughts and walked away from her weird chuckles.

----------

"Gloria? Is that the reason why you slapped me? Xinlong confronted me.

"Yes, you broke her heart like that. She gave you the most important things that you needed and all you did was act like a jerk!" I shouted.

He looked at me in disbelief. Maybe l went overboard by hitting him but he deserved it.

"Gloria, I do understand that I broke her heart but was that sensible of you to hit me?" He said
"Well, if she was in my place then she would do the same."

"Think of your deeds, please." He said while begging me in hand gestures. His eyes were filled with anger as if he restrained himself from shouting at me. Walking away from me, he didn't look back once while l stood there with the rose petals scattered around me that l did a few minutes ago. He bought those and l threw them away. Maybe somewhere in my heart there was a little inch of regret in me that l tried to wipe off.

"When the time she was able to have all of him, she abandoned that time and now she will cry and shout but the melody of love will stay mute."

Author: Delayed chapter because my brother was hospitalized. Sorry readers :(