Chapter Four

Chapter Four

They say love is ugly when it turns obsessive. It's crooked and messy when one tries to control another. It's tainted when one tries to stop the other to do anything they will.

It is toxic to be precise. And it shouldn't be compromised. If he wants her, he'll have to earn her. But he wasn't born this way. He didn't know how to respect or let someone state their opinion. He was raised to bent people to his will. He was born this way and was never taught to be gentle.

This time, once again he bent to his will. And he had a helper. But even without his so-called partner in crime, he would've done it anyway. He knows how to do things, he knows how to run things. Other than basic education that'll help him be a modest person in this world and the needed studies for him to lead a gang, he never learned anything that was merely and easily taught to a kid his age.

He never learned to love, he just felt what love felt like. He never learned to care nor felt what being cared felt like. Beaten to perfection for his father's vision and ruthless for the world, Xinlong was a kid who was unable to act upon his emotions. His heartbeat was only by the sight of his beloved and his only Gloria.

Even after several breaths taken, even after so many times that his heart pumped, even after so many full moons, even after so many gunshots, He Xinlong was inevitably in love with Gloria Torsney. And no living person could change that.

Right now, under the light of the full moon and the starry night, her flawlessly beautiful face has this dangerous man on his knees. Begging for some mercy but begging for more at the same time. Her laying in his bed was something he never knew he needed. Her peacefully asleep face awoken a different feeling of relief inside his soul. Even if he could sleep peacefully in his life, he could've never felt it.

She didn't have any pressure of being perfect in someone's eyes or she didn't need to be when she already was. Unintentionally, his eyes roamed all over her face. And he couldn't describe more of her beauty.

She had changed a lot. Her cheekbones lifted to perfection and her jawline turned sharp. Unlike back then when he would pull her chubby cheeks. They were just kids when they fell in love, never knowing what it was, how it molded them, and how many promises it held.

She held him captivated in his consciousness.

Even in a world filled with its tainted beauty, she had him colorful. All upon her, she had him happy and satisfied just by living.

This guy will go crazy sooner or later.

He knows, he doesn't deserve her, and he never will. But his heart sang its song and let him have himself destructed.

He put his hands on her hair, slowly brushing it.

His thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock on the door. Leaving her on the bed, he opened the door to find Mr. Kim on the doorstep holding a tray of towels and a cup of milk.

Xinlong inspected him precisely to find him in a sleepy state. Indeed, it was 2 AM, and he was to be sleeping. But they both were looking concerned into each other's eyes knowing that could cause a problem. They couldn't sleep a wink.

The problem was Gloria's presence in Xinlong's secret mansion.

DarkHunt House.

It was a secret mansion gifted by his uncle. His uncle, a person he gave his heart to after Gloria. That one person who loved him more than his dad. Taught him to love and taught him to be, maybe, a little less cruel than his father. The one who gifted him this mansion before passing away.

The blood brother of his father, David. The one who was killed by his brother. He was the man, and he was the man who did turn out a lot more different than his father. The one who taught him to feel a little. Xinlong loved David more than anyone. He was an amazing brother. But not in the eyes of Jinhai.

Jinhai was made of a different breed. Whereas David was a gentleman, Jinhai was the worst one.
After Xinlong was born David took care of him as his son. Even though David never married, he had the love of his life killed by his brother.

David was so merciful that he forgave his brother for murdering his love for fear, that she might give him an heir to the throne. He killed her without any hesitation. That woman was pregnant.

A few days later, Xinlong was born. Even with a grieving heart, David soulfully took Xinlong in his arms and named him. Jinhai gave him the right to name him as a small approach of 'kindness' he'd say.

David gave him everything Xinlong ever wanted. He loved him like his lost son. But soon after, when the higher authorities of the gang said that, Xinlong was too young to take over the throne, the next opponent of Jinhai was David.

To keep his son on the line of the throne, he beheaded his brother with the ax their father had given them.

That night was filled with the terrors and the screams of Xinlong. He saw his uncle die in front of him. Jinhai was persistent to make Xinlong watch the scene and later he uttered these words with his sinful lips,

"Watch and learn son, this is where you start, this is where we rule. Take your power by taking the life of the ones who are in line. This shall be the start of your rule, my beloved."

By patting his son on the cheek, Jinhai left Xinlong petrified in the dark forest with his uncle's headless body on the ground.

Maybe David knew that his brother would kill him one day. That is why he gifted Xinlong this mansion and left it in peace.

Jinhai was unaware that this mansion existed. But he knew that Gloria was going to be Xinlong's cause of distraction one day, so he told her to stay away from her.

And here they are, standing near the bed, watching her sleep peacefully while a terrorizing silence filled the room.

Mr. Kim had never prayed. But right now he was mumbling religious verses remembering the deaths of the one who betrays Jinhai. He was shaking.

"What if he breaks the walls of this house and sends me to exile? I haven't even got married yet. I won't be able to eat my mom's pancakes anymore. The moon will curse you, dumpy head-"

As he receive a glare from Xinlong he decided to chain his mouth. This guy wasn't anything different from his father.

Xinlong sighed and picked up the glass of milk.

He patted Gloria on the cheek as softly as he was able to, trying to wake her up.

She didn't even move an inch, instead, she wrapped her hands around Xinlongs hands and drooled. Xinlong chuckled.

"Let's come back here early tomorrow. It doesn't seem like she will wake up today." Mr. Kim stated while pointing at Gloria.