Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four

Halting her touch of love on his scalp and tugging his hair slowly she looked at him with honey dripping from her eyes. His soft inky hair was still in contact with her fingers but denied to move away. Once shut eyes looked back at the girl sitting there looking at him, opened with a few sparks of confusion. His lips parted open in comfort when she ran her fingers through his sharp jawline and cheek bones and the corner of his eyes. Her tracing was so slow that he almost drowsed.

She slowly tapped her fingers on his lips and he opened his eyes.

His head still rested royally on her lap slowly made itself more comfortable. She chuckled at his actions.

Even if the world took him as someone who could do nothing but bad for himself he was still her little one who stole her pizza slice and knows how to melt her. His aura may seem dangerous to all but she was the only one who could tame him. When even his own father would be hesitant to go close to him when he's angry, Gloria singlehandedly controlled his rage. The demands to do something about this outrages man was louder but her small whisper to his ear was enough to make him powerful. She knows him better than him. He never talked or glanced at another girl for a moment.

She was well aware of the fact that even if the most beautiful of girl comes yelling on their knee in front of him it would be nothing in front of her one small whisper. She is powerful enough. Her enormous amount of miseries in the past were nothing compared to the moment she spent with him now. His smile, laugh, touches, and most probably his existence to calm her down. It wasn't anything they planned, it was fate, it was mate.

"I didn't know l was handsome until l saw you watching me." He laughed. His cherry smell blowing on her nose.

"What do l need to do so that l can be a detective soon? I mean, as soon as possible!" She suddenly asked. He picked his head up from the warmth and rested his back on the bench looking forward.

"I never asked this but.. Why do you want to be a detective?" He asked, curiously. Her face straightened at the question. Nobody asked her that before. So being suddenly ordered of the answer she got startled. Nobody was curious in her life, except him. Maybe if they had more time together he would also know the answer to this. But destiny destroys.

She cleared her throat, The obvious answer bubbling in her tummy. "I want to find the murderer of my mother. That night, my mom didn't die due to her birth pain. Someone stopped her oxygen tank." She replied, her tone at the lowest.
He frowned at her answer, wishing for her to continue.

"You probably don't know about this but, Mi Seon isn't my real mother. Dad told me everything the other day." Her eyes looking at him saddened when she digested the words her father said. Soon afterwards she told him everything. All the things her father said and all the things he needed to know. Her surety of knowing that he doesn't know anything came strong when words left her mouth. She was right, Jinhai never told him about the things he needed to know. Why would he? He never cared about his sons feelings, let alone letting him know about his past.

His expression darkened, his frown wider and jaw clenched. He felt nothing but lost at the moments when she told him everything. It was needed. He needed to know. She was aware of his shock at the moment but decided continue without pause. He never said a word nor doubted her while she talked all of it. His expression settled down to his emotions and tears started building up at his eyes. Gloria looked at him with wide eyes.

Never in her life she imagined him crying. He never did. He always hardened himself no matter what even though she knew afterwards he crumbled his heart on the corner of his room. It tore her heart apart. And now she just regretted the decision of talking about this sensitive matter. Her cheeks wobbled.