Chapter Eighteen

Step by step, as slowly as possible. It needs to be done or they will be finished. One wrong move can cause their life. One level of harshly pulling the other, another level of being harshly pulled down. Opportunities are on the way but they have to use them carefully. following their instincts can be a way to survive in this world full demons. Age doesn't matter nor race does. You need to survive. It's either do or die.

The world was a peaceful greenland that welcomed various amount of beautiful creatures that fascinated the nature. Fighting and surviving was a way of living. Normal in one sense, yet it was better then the modern era humans are currently living in. First, it was the age of empire and then the age of self identification.

You are your own boss, you rule your own life.

The quotes that ruined this world. Why make them if you don't know how to use them properly?

Kidnapping, stealing, killing, ruling may keep this world in your hand. Why? Because you have enmity among each other. The government wasn't strong enough to secure us so the world of the mafia had a fun time. Taking over our lives and invading our privacy, destroying and torturous behavior was very much of a new game to them.

And in this grand world full of its tainted glory, a boy and a girl tried to break free from the ties they were tied in. Kicking and pushing, trying to save another. They screamed their heart out just so they could reach and hug their fate. But the destiny feels the opposite. It likes to cheat.

Not everything that is being told are real. Who knows who lies?

Gloria accepts Xinlong's love but the story turns its way. Xinlong runs, runs and runs. But never finds the end nor the start. He wants to end but he didn't even start yet. Nothing started. Everything is being continued once more in rapid speed and change of the old life.

------

A slap didn't sting so much before than it does now. He grasps his cheeks tightly and looks at the the person who threw the impact. His lips trembled, unable to make up words. He was confused as she looked at him and harshly grabbed his collar. Her eyes piercing through his smoke filled soul. She was so close that he could feel her breath. Their lips almost brushing but this time he felt nothing but concern.

Her voice broke as tears welled in her eyes. A love had been torned into pieces. They enjoyed to see them broke apart.

She whispered with a harsh tone in a breathy way.

"Why?" She had a disappointing look on her face but in the most hurtful way ever. As if she had the most ridiculous betrayal in her life.

He was still, frozen as an ice. Taking his right hand to the side of her cheek he brushed away the fresh tears on her rose cheeks.

"What's wrong honey?" By the last word he uttered, she surprised him with another hard slap but this time on his right cheek. Hitting him on his chest several times she cried her heart out while cursing him.

He didn't react to her beatings because it didn't affect him physically but mentally. She would just hurt her own hand by hitting his chest.

He held both of her hands as she tried to break free. 

"Gloria... Gloria..GLORIA!" He shouted one last time before forcing her in his chest. Her fists held as a defense on his chest but relaxed. He breathed heavily and held her tightly to calm her down from whatever she is angry with.

40 minutes ago...

Walking through the field full of flowers Gloria looked like a butterfly. Free as a bird she sang, happy as a squirrel and smiling like a bunny she made her way to the car. Finally she was about meet Xinlong. It's been a week since they have last met. His gift of a flowers bouquet and a ring that she found out after going to home, made her smile like an idiot all day.