Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

9 years ago..

"What spell has fate cast in my eyes?
Blood has flooded my tears,
Fate has let loose my tears,
When lions once shook in fear of the rage of my claws,
Fate has left me defenseless against a pair of beautiful eyes."

"Beautiful" she said while having her hands on his. Slowly brushing of the small hair strands close to her eyes, he looked at her with pure admiration. She smiled a little and looked away that melted his heart completely.

He was suffering, suffering from the burning fire that lit up in him after he saw her. That passionate feeling of protecting someone was eating him alive. He wanted to protect her from those unknown evils. He wanted to keep her safe in his safe cage where heaven lies. The beautiful kingdom and the colorful world he made for her was just as strong as his love for her. He took air in his lungs to calm down, but the air was only filled with her fragrance. She was a drug, his drug.

"LongLong? Who wrote this poem?" Gloria asked. "Sultan Selim Khan wrote this poem for his only love Valide Hafsa Sultan." Xinlong answered.

"What a beautiful turn of phrase! He probably loved her deeply."
"He did love her deeply. The words are the proof."

He said while looking at the river. She unfolded her legs and stretched her arms. She took several breaths in and looked at him.

"The smell of the river is-"
"Beautiful"

He finished her sentence while looking at her. She scrunched her nose at him and got up. Taking her shoes off she ran across him. He followed her went towards the edge of the small land. The atmosphere was dull and cloudy, but not for them. It was Gloria's favorite weather. She loves rain and the cloud. 'The waters droplets from the sky speaks the beauty of the world' she says. He loved rain when it makes her smile. He loves anything that makes her smile.

"Why did you took your shoes off?" He asks her.

"Because my mom said, when you take off your shoes and walk on the wet mud, the land takes away your sorrows and brings happiness." She said and he looked at her as his smile faded away. Looking down at his feet he took away his shoes. He rubbed his feet on the ground and looked at her as she looked at him.

"It doesn't go away."
"What?"
"My sorrows doesn't go away as l rub my feet on the ground."

Gloria burst into laughing while holding her tummy. She wiped her tears away and looked at him.

"Longlong. Are you dumb?"
"Why are you calling me dumb?"

He pouted.

"My sorrows are inevitable l think, as their attached to you." He said while her smile faded away.

-------------

"Gloria?" Approaching slowly to the library, he turned the rocking chair around while calling out her name. She turned around after signing and replying to her father,

"Yes dad?"
"We should talk for a bit."
"For what?"

He didn't answer her and just went to the other side of the table and took a seat in front of her. Biting his lips, he let out a deep breath. As he opened his mouth to talk he closed it again hesitantly. He lips trembled as he slowly shut his eyes. He was wanting to tell her something but couldn't gather up courage.