Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

Her heart skipped a beat. That hoarse voice that always soothed her heart suddenly made her nervous. Her clammy hands gripped the hem of her dress as she took a shaky breath in. She knew if she turned her head she would be greeted by a pair of chocolate eyes filled with emotion. Yet, her mind stuck with the anticipation of meeting him. His breath fanned on the crook of her neck and she realized he was waiting for her to turn around.

The people around them swallowing the lump in their throat while looking at the couple. Not only them but even the waiters were shaking due to the sudden presence of the person they least wanted to see. The son of the leader was there in front of their eyes and their world stopped. If not in this situation they would die due to the thirst of wanting to have a small glance of him.

But here while the whole world wanted a few minutes with him to earn for their whole life, he just needed a few moments to be graced by the shadow of his Gloria.

He waited for her to turn and meet him. It wasn't awkward but fun for him. He loved teasing her nevertheless. He loved seeing those two drops of coffee in her eyes turn furious.

She felt him smirking by her neck. Now, after a fight this is all he had in his mind? Coming here at this restaurant and embarrassing her? She wanted to know why he is here, let alone knowing how he knew she was here.

Slowly moving away from his touch which the man behind her didn't appreciate, she turned around.

Her eyes sparked a few bits of anger while his pupils only showed the love, adoration and the desperation for not seeing her for a week.

"Why are you here?" She tried to sound fierce but failed seeing him so close to her.

Once again, her heart pounced.

"Aren't you suppose to ask if l missed you or not, hmm?" He smirked.
"Xinlong, everybody is looking." She got nervous by the amount of eyes on her. He looked around and found girls drooling at him and boys envied eyes.

He let out a throaty chuckle.

With one flick of his finger he motioned his guards and they moved to various places. He knew that she doesn't like being the centre of attention. So he straightened his back and gave those people the most darkest look ever that made them turn their head straight to their business. After all, no one wanted their head on their hands.

He quietly sat down on the chair on which Gong Yu was sitting moments ago. His smirk never left his mouth while he flickered the side of his hair. She put her hands on the table and went dangerously close to him. He didn't bulge but his heart was beating unbearably.

"Dad is here. And l am pretty sure you don't want to be seen by him, do you?" She asked.

Gong Yu was always concentrated at his work. But when it was about his daughter he was the first one to shoot. After the hospital incident he wanted Xinlong nowhere around her. He kept him out of her mind or at least he tried. But the beast Xinlong was, he gets what he wants and if it's about Gloria he was a lot more insane than him.

"I do want to meet him though--" he came so close to her lips that they were almost touching and said "So that l can interrogate him about keeping his daughter away from me these days." The corner of his lips went up. She bit the insides of her cheeks trying to hold the urge to do something forbidden. No matter what, she was also crazy about him.